CHRISTIAN RANT #1

So many of us are quick to judge other religions and talk about how bad they are but I have been thinking about a lot of stuff that I would love to rant about if anyone actually cares. Who would want to listen to a guy ranting about things? But this is my first Christian Rant and we may not agree on everything but I hope you enjoy! If you have stuff to say feel free to comment below!

1) Christian Music

I love Christian music. Who doesn't want to be uplifted from time to time? Sometimes I will listen to Colton Dixon, Tobymac or whoever. But I have become more independent and have slowly stepped away from the Christian genre. Maybe it's a phase? What I don't understand is if we are trying to reach people who are unsaved... then why are we making music only for the saved? I get it. People need to be uplifted and they can listen to songs about God. I tend to think of a person Christian or not who has gone through a lot in their life try to listen to some of the Christian music. Thinking like that it would most likely turn me away. So many songs are good but so many are repetitive and all about how God does this and that which is fine. But sometimes people need to hear about how a person got through what he got through and not just Jesus will save you. Jesus saves!

2) Christians can't curse

This comment makes me want to curse at the person saying it. I've gone through my life thinking I can't say this or that. But why? Why can't I scream at my TV when I'm angry? Or when I step on a nail and want to say every bad word imaginable? Maybe I'll get a response saying "THE BIBLE SAYS"... stop right there. The Bible tells you to say words that can lift people up and not to bring them down. I want someone to show me where it downright says you cannot curse. I do not think it's bad to curse at certain things but people are another story. I would not say something bad to a person (on purpose). If I did I would see that as wrong but I think there is a difference between those

3) Christians can't love people different than them

There have been times in my life where I use to see someone different and think "why doesn't this person believe in this religion" or "why doesn't this person practice this? Lets start with other religions. I'm a Christian but saying you cannot love this religion because they do this or that... Just look at it. I don't mean look at one verse and automatically judge the religion. I mean read it thoroughly like a Bible not to worship another religion but to read through it to find answers and maybe after you have looked into other religions you can say something but until then I don't want to hear anything about it if you haven't done your research.

3.5) Christians can't love people different than them

This one goes out to LGBT. Yes I know I have talked about it a lot in the past but I want to give an example. Some people I know don't like people like the LGBT because they say it's a sin which can be true but if you don't love them aren't you sinning? The greatest commandment is to love others! Now some may say THE BIBLE CONTRADICTED ITSELF! I think it's pretty self explanatory. It's like your mom tells you "son I don't necessarily approve of this but I still love you. You are my son." You don't have to necessarily agree with everything but you should still love others! (It works for politics too republicans and democrats!)

4) You have to read the Bible everyday

This one turns me off as well. As much as I love reading my Bible and talking to God I just can't everyday. What I can do is include God in my everyday activities. Going to school? Ask God to help you have a great day! Having a tournament of some sort? Ask God to help you win! You can ask him for anything! But I feel like we have made Christianity into something it's not. It's not a bunch of rules you have to follow and if it is why am I even doing it? I am at a point in my life where I just want to pray more. No Bible needed. Just me and God talking. I can ask him to help me remember verses and to help me overcome temptation. But don't make Christianity what it's not.

That's all I got for now! See you on Christian Rant 2! If you want me to roast myself as well I'm down for that.