Pornography

As I said before there will be mature topics! There are things I feel like I need to talk about and this is one of those topics.

Pornography. The sad thing is I hear so many people talking about pornography or making jokes about it with their friends like it is not serious. Pornography is something serious and it is nothing to joke about!

The definition of pornography according to google is: "printed or visual material containing the explicit description or display of sexual organs or activity, intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings".

Erotic is relating to or tending to arouse sexual desires or excitement.

Aesthetic is concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.

It also messes with emotional feelings that a person might have or have for someone else.

So now that we have these three things down, we can describe what the problem is with pornography. First of all it is printed/visual. You can sit there looking at a screen and watch it but you're not there. It stimulates erotic feelings and what that does is arouse sexual desires or excitements in you. Again, you are not there. The problem is once those desires awaken, you are only going to want more. So you seek after more ways to satisfy these desires that you have awakened but there is one problem: You will not be satisfied. This is where the addiction happens. When you want more of these sexual desires or feelings, you cannot satisfy the hunger that you have so you turn back to pornography and what that does is make you even more addicted! The more you look at it, the more you are going to want it. Once you realize the sexual desires do not satisfy you, you are going to try and find something to satisfy you and this can lead to extreme measures.

When you want more of those sexual desires, you tend to focus more on that than the beauty of things and that is where Aesthetic feelings go away. This can be feelings for a person, or feelings for anyone in general. That is why it can destroy you! You see less and less of the beauty of things and soon beauty will not even matter to you anymore. Once the Aesthetic feelings go away, you will not care for beauty anymore. For example, imagine a man and woman who are married but the man has an addiction to pornography. Once he gets to the addictive stage of pornography he is going to want more and more of it and less and less of his wife. (You can watch it once and automatically have an addiction to it). The beauty that the man once saw in his wife has faded and the wife sees that so she wants to get a divorce since she does not feel like her husband loves her anymore. That is why so many divorces happen over pornography! The wife gets a divorce and now the man is lonely. If pornography really did get bad for the man though, he would most likely want to try it on his wife and attempt to get his satisfaction from that.

Last but not least emotional feelings. I already sort of talked about this and it is similar to Aesthetic feelings but that has to do with beauty. Emotional feelings can deal with anything. Watching more and more pornography can give you less feelings emotionally but give you more feelings intensely. This can honestly be anything. It can increase anger, alter when you are happy or sad, can make you more depressed, etc.

The only reason pornography is even visual is because people know that they can make money off of it. Pornography is an addiction and can even be called a drug. If you are struggling with pornography or something related to that, do not be afraid to tell someone. My next chapter will explain more about sex after marriage and so you can see how it was originally God's plan.

1 John 2:16 says "For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.