Grace

Ephesians 2:8-9 says "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast". God gives us the gift of having eternal life. We just have to accept his gift. He says here that it is the gift of God meaning we cannot be good to go to Heaven or go to Heaven by something we do but ONLY by God's gift, and we cannot boast about it since we are all sinners. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says "But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me". We should be talking more about how we are weak and how God is strong because without him we'd be nothing. Then will we see the true power of Christ and how powerful he is.

Romans 3:20-24 says "For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus". Jesus says by works of the law that NO ONE will be justified in his sight. Why? Because the law has knowledge of sin. Jesus also states that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. We cannot even get near his glory. But we are righteous for believing in Jesus Christ. He makes it clear once again that grace is a gift.

2 Timothy 1:9 says "Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began". He makes it so clear that it is not the WORKS we do but because of his purpose and his grace. Titus 2:11-14 says "For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works". There are multiple things I love about these verses. One is he brings salvation to EVERYBODY so he gives all of us another chance. How great is that? Another one is if we live for God he trains us to be more like him! The last thing that I like about this is the hope. What hope? It says the appearing of our savior Jesus Christ! That is the hope that we should get excited for because Jesus is coming back soon! Are you ready?