Overwhelmed

Hi guys I'm back! I took 2 days from writing and while it might not seem long it has helped me. Writing everyday can be hard and sometimes you just need time to get new ideas. So I am very excited to say that I have a bunch of new ideas that I am excited to talk about and I hope you are excited to read them. This was a topic that was talked about in church Sunday and I found it interesting so I hope you guys like it!

First, let us see what overwhelmed means. Definition example: "To overpower or overcome, especially with superior forces; destroy; crush". I feel like there is something in our lives that is just overwhelming and we think that we cannot get through it. Maybe you have exams at school and your stressing over it. You are overwhelmed by it. What I find so cool about the Bible is that you can find stuff that relates to you right now! Jesus was part God and part human and even he became overwhelmed but the good thing is because of this, we know how to overcome it. The following verses are before the crucifixion: 

Matthew 26:36-46 says "Then Jesus went with them to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to his disciples, "Sit here, while I go over there and pray." And taking with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, "My soul is very sorrowful, even to death; remain here, and watch with me." And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will." And he came to the disciples and found them sleeping. And he said to Peter, "So, could you not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, "My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done." And again he came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. So, leaving them again, he went away and prayed for the third time, saying the same words again. Then he came to the disciples and said to them, "Sleep and take your rest later on. See, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going; see, my betrayer is at hand."

I know this is a lot to take in but I put down all of it because I think everything here is important. When Jesus went to Gethsemane, the first thing he did there was pray. Jesus was feeling sorrowful because he knew that he would have to die on the cross. He felt so sorrowful that he felt like he was dying. Yet, he still prayed. He wanted to do the will of God and he knew that he would have to die on the cross. So why did he pray if he knew he was going to die on the cross? He did it because he wanted to see if there could be another way while also doing God's will. Although deep down he knew that this was the only way. So he tells the disciples to keep watch over him. They fall asleep and he tells them to keep watch over him again. They fall asleep again. He decided to just go back and pray and he tells the disciples that the time is at hand. He knew that he was going to be betrayed.

He prayed to God because without him, he would not be able to handle the cross. God gave him the strength to take on the sins of all of us. To do his will even though it might have seemed overwhelming for him. I feel as if the disciples represent us Christians in a way. Jesus tells us to do something and we do not always follow through with his will. The disciples fell asleep not once but twice and as Christians we can relate to how we sin multiple times. The disciples were not perfect just like we are not perfect. Keep in mind that whatever you are going through you can overcome it because Jesus overcame the cross. No matter how overwhelming it might seem now, you can get through it with his help. He has forgiven you so all you have to do is ask him to get you through it and he will.