Christianity is...

First off I want to say that I love this YouTube video! It is not from me but from a Christian named Joseph Solomon. You should totally check out his channel because it has a lot of cool stuff on there! I am going to be talking about what was talked about in this video and give my own opinions.

Now the first point he makes is how a lot of people say that Christianity is not religion but a relationship with Jesus. That is true but Christianity is a religion and so many people get that messed up. James 1:26-27 says "If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world". Here it talks about religion and we can see that Christianity is a religion. Think about it. Jesus did die for all of us but us Christians chose to believe in Jesus. Just like other religions choose to believe in what they believe in. We choose to follow Jesus. He is not against religion but against bad religion such as the Pharisees. It would be fine if they practiced what they believed in  but they thought they were better than everyone else because they followed all the rules but they didn't. They took it too far. There hearts were not there and they became full of themselves. We must be attached to what we believe in and follow it with our hearts. We can get so caught up in our religion that we try to force it on others but we have to let Jesus work in people. As Christians we need to be kind and show love towards other people so that they can see Jesus in us.

The second point he makes is that Christianity is a relationship. We have a relationship with Jesus because God sent him to die on the cross for our sins. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life". This is God's gift to us not because we deserve it but because of his grace and love towards us. Everybody has a different relationship with Jesus.  We are able to talk to Jesus through prayer and it should be a 1 on 1 relationship with him. We can come to him and talk to him about anything! He is our heavenly father! We are his children and he loves us. He can talk back to us in many ways but the most common way he speaks to us is through the Bible. If you have not read into it, I suggest you do. The Bible is an amazing book and you will not be disappointed with it!

The final point he makes is rule following. Christianity is not a list of things we can and cannot do. We do have rules but we failed and Jesus took our place to do what we can't do. Every relationship has rules. We would be so lost if we did not have someone telling us what we can and cannot do. Jesus convicts us when we do something wrong and we know not to do it. Or when we do something good, we feel good about it because we know that we did the right thing. As we get closer to Jesus, we follow the rules without even knowing! Christianity is about loving Jesus and when we put him first, everything changes. Our minds, our hearts, our attitudes, the way we view things. We start becoming more like Jesus and doing what he wants us to do.

So, Christianity is all 3: a religion, a relationship, and rule following. I hope this helped people to see more about what Christianity truly is and what makes it what it is.