Discipleship

So this was a topic that was talked in church today and I found it interesting so I am going to be talking about it! As always if you like the story feel free to vote and comment down below! I love reading what you guys have to say! And as always I hope you guys enjoy!

Matthew 16:24-25 says "Then Jesus told his disciples, If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it". I love these verses for two reasons. One is because Jesus says that ANYONE can follow him and pick up the cross. The other reason I love it is because of how it says "whoever loses his life for my sake will find it". Jesus gave us life in the first place and if we give up that life for him we will find life much greater than we can ever imagine.

Matthew 5:14-16 says ""You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven". All of us can be disciples and we can let the light that God gives us shine for others. Jesus also tells us to make disciples of all nations. Matthew 28:18-20 says "And Jesus came and said to them, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age". God wants us to be disciples to tell other people about him and he is with us ALWAYS.

Matthew 9:9-13 says "As Jesus passed on from there, he saw a man called Matthew sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, Follow me. And he rose and followed him. And as Jesus reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Jesus and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners? But when he heard it, he said, Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means: I desire mercy, and not sacrifice. For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners. I love these verses for many reasons. First off, in Jesus's day, tax collectors were bad probably because they got more than their share of things. Jesus was sitting down with them which is why the Pharisees ask this. Jesus says that those who are well don't need a physician meaning that they don't need Jesus but those who are sick need Jesus. He came not to call the righteous but the sinners. That is what I love about Jesus. He came to save sinners like us. Any of us can be disciples proven by Matthew who was named Levi. God picked 12 disciples and Matthew was one of them. In fact, he was one of the worst people back then but God still used him. This should give us hope because he can use us and sometimes the worst people can make the best disciples! So, as Christians, let's all be disciples and tell other people about God!