1

Tyler seemed like any average seventeen year old guy. He had a loving family and good grades. He played for his school's basketball team and was the team's most valued player. But even though he was clever, he made some stupid decisions. But doesn't every teenager do?

"Take care, Tyler!" His mom smiled at him as he made his way towards his home's front door to leave for a party.

It was New Year's Eve and his friends had invited him to a party to celebrate. His whole grade was invited and Tyler was very excited to go there and meet up with his friends, maybe a little too excited. Everyone at his school knows each other since his hometown is not so big, a population of only around 10,000 people. He needed this break because he has worked on his classes so hard to be able to be on the graduation list. Tyler wanted to be stress free for a night, even though he was not a party person. His mom knows this, which is why she let him go. Still being underage and all he had to ask for permission.

Tyler's mom was very hard working too. She had a very good job considering she and the rest of their family are in such a small town. She took care of Tyler and his siblings very well, but her job kept her very busy. All the paper work and presentations almost consumed her. She is also getting a small break tonight on New Year's Eve, staying home alone and inviting her friends over to watch the fireworks on TV.

"I will mom." Tyler smiled back at her, opened the door and then shut it behind him.

But what they didn't know, is that tonight would change both of their lives.