5

Chris's funeral.

On the sunny morning a lot of people came, Tyler and his family included. Everyone was dressed in black, and there were tears shed. A few eyes were on Tyler, being one of the survivors of the fatal car accident. It made him a bit uncomfortable.

Nick, another one of the survivors, was also here. He was in a wheelchair because he had broken both legs and couldn't walk. Tyler didn't remember him, but he did look familiar. Everyone looked familiar to him. But there were a few people that looked really familiar, but he couldn't figure out why.

A few of those people were his own family, and there was another guy who looked familiar who was further down the row from where he was sitting.

"That's your aunt," Tyler's mom was pointing out people to him in attempts of making him remember someone or something. "that's your cousin."

"Who's that down the row from us?" Tyler gestured her to an average size kid of around his age with a black suit on. He had a broken arm and had stitches above his eyebrow. Short brown hair and light brown eyes.

"I don't know, but he was in the car with you. You have many friends Tyler, I don't know everyone."

Tyler kept looking at the boy, trying to figure out why he looked so familiar. But, like his mom said, he probably looks familiar because he was in the same car as him when the accident happened.

Remembering what he read in the article, Tyler assumed that was Josh since his mom already showed him who Nick was.

The funeral was soon over and people started going home after saying a few words. Majority of people stayed to be with Chris one last time and to offer their condolences to the family. Some people also came up to Tyler to ask how he was doing, but then his mom would pull them aside and tell them the whole rough situation. He stayed quiet the whole time, confused as to who everyone was, and overwhelmed by how many people knew him and wanted to know how he was doing.

The word spread and people didn't bother Tyler anymore, but did wave or smile from afar. Everyone in the area knew who Tyler was since it's a small town. Tyler was born here, grew up here, it's his hometown after all. He has never left for a long time.

Tyler knew this now, since so many people have tried to talk to him and received so many 'get well' cards at the hospital. He didn't read them because his head hurt so much and all he wanted to do was rest. But his pain had started to go away, and he planned on reading them once he got back from the funeral.

Tyler walked away for a bit and dazed off into his own world and started to check out his surroundings. It was a nice day considering he was in a graveyard surrounded by crying people. The trees were still covered in some snow, but it was starting to melt. There was a nice church down the road by a parking lot where he arrived at first.

"You okay?" A male voice coming from behind him asked.

Startled, Tyler turned around quickly. He recognized him. It was the same guy that was sitting just down the row from him. He was shorter than what Tyler thought his height would be.

"Sorry, who are you?" Tyler asked, wanting to confirm his thoughts.

"Sorry if I scared you, I'm Josh. I know you probably don't remember me because of your head trauma, but we go to school together." Josh explained.

"Oh, well, hi." Tyler waved, half smiling. "Sorry if we were close or something but I really don't remember who anyone is. At first I didn't even recognize my own parents. Don't take it personally."

"It's fine, I understand." Josh nodded. "I wanted to re-introduce myself. Just letting you know that I was in the same car accident a-"

"Yeah, I know." Tyler interrupted, not wanting to hear about the crash over again. That picture in the newspaper made him question his entire existence, and it was quite disturbing knowing that he was inside the car the whole time that happened.

"Do you remember?"

"No," Tyler sighed, a bit disappointed in himself. "I read it on a newspaper that was home. You were mentioned, you and Chris and a guy named Nick."

"Yeah, we were all friends... sorta. Chris was a very good friend of ours. It's pretty disappointing that he's gone."

"Sorry for your loss."

"Thanks Tyj-, uh... Tyler. Sorry, force of habit. Some people call you Tyjo." Josh scratched his nose, attempting to hide his embarrassment.

"It's fine." Tyler assured him.

"So, school starts soon." Josh changed the subject. "Just letting you know that we did know each other and if you need any help you can talk to me. Wouldn't want to go to school without knowing everyone, but everyone knowing who you are."

"Well, thanks. I appreciate it." Tyler smiled.

"Yeah, well, I have to go. But take care Tyler."

"Yeah, you too. Take care of your arm."

"Okay." Josh smiled, turned around and walked away.

Tyler just kept looking at him as he walked away, then started jogging towards his family, who didn't notice he was gone. Tyler then decided to go back to his own family.

---|-/---

Lame chapter sorry but my baby Josh is here now.

Btw I've read every single comment and you guys are hilarious😂💕