39

Surprise, another update.

TW: anxiety

---|-/---

"...We just talked about our thoughts during the little while we were there, and we ended up kissing. I told Josh that I probably shouldn't have done that, and we should never bring it up ever again."

After dinner, Zack had given Tyler the pages that were missing from the journal like he promised. It made Tyler think back to when he first talked to Josh. How could Josh talk to him after what happened? After he had told everyone he was gay, making Josh admit he was bisexual. Why did he continue to talk to him? Why wasn't he angry?

Tyler continued to read the remaining pages. There's some where he talks about Josh and how much he's liked him for so long, and another one from the day Josh told him he was bi. About how that day gave him hope. Tyler couldn't believe Zack had read all of this, but his feelings of anger towards him overpowered his feelings of embarrassment.

Because it was late and now dark outside, Tyler decided that he was going to talk to Josh the next morning at school. Zack had told him that only Josh could tell him that other story everyone was talking about when Tyler saw his friends in the hallway. Now that he remembered, everyone but Debby was there. He wondered if this secret is being kept from her too.

---|-/---

The next morning, Tyler and Zack both walked into their school together. It was the school day after the basketball team's big win that led them to the finals, which they both had already forgotten about. People they've never talked to before congratulated them and wished them the best of luck on the finals, which is not going to happen until in a few weeks.

At lunchtime, people were still approaching Tyler to wish him luck, which he appreciated with a smile. He enjoyed this positive attention, unlike the one he got the school day after the fatal car accident that made him lose his memory. The look on everyone's faces was a happier and more positive reaction when they saw Tyler, unlike those looks the students gave him as if he's just murdered someone before their eyes when he first arrived.

Now that it was lunchtime, it was time for Tyler to go find Josh. This was easy, Josh was almost never inside the cafeteria, which Tyler understood. It was noisy and chaotic inside the cafeteria, and Tyler preferred peace and quiet.

This time, Tyler saw Josh alone sitting outside on the long school hallway just outside the cafeteria beside some lockers. Josh heard his approaching steps that echoed throughout the empty hallway, which made him turn his head. He soon noticed that Tyler was walking straight towards him.

"Hi, Tyler." Josh spoke first.

"Hi." Tyler waved slightly, then sat down on the cold flooring beside him. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." Josh said hesitantly.

"When you guys were outside in the hallway a few days ago, what were you talking about?"

"I don't thin-"

"Please." Tyler was tired of all of this information kept hidden from him. "Zack said I should ask you instead."

"What did he say?" asked Josh.

"I asked him what was going on, and he explained what happened at the party. How I got drunk at Debby's party, and how I said I was gay in front of everyone. I had a diary, where I wrote about me being gay, so I know this now." Tyler explained. "I'm sorry I made you come out like that."