18

A/N: Thank you for 900 reads! You're awesome I lava you

Sorry, this chapter is a little bit longer than the others.

👀

TW: panic attacks, anxiety

---|-/---

Tyler grabbed a pencil and a notebook and ran since he only had a little bit of time. He ran to his safe place. It was wherever he went to clear his mind and where he could be by himself with no interruptions. Where he could cry alone without being heard in silence.

He ran to the abandoned treehouse.

Because it was abandoned and creepy, nobody would go there. There were also rumors at school saying it was haunted, so nobody dared to go near it. Well, nobody but Tyler.

He ran down that one path on the left that nobody would walk through. When he recognized where he was, he ran to the right where the treehouse was off the path. When he saw it, he slowed down and took a deep breath. But once he did, tears started running down his cheeks. He completely shattered. Sometimes these feelings of complete emptiness came out of nowhere, but this time Tyler had a reason. Tyler thought badly of himself for ruining his own Christmas like this.

Tyler had accumulated a lot of thoughts inside his head. Stressful thoughts mostly involving school, family, and personal problems. He started to feel the pressure of having to choose between music and basketball. One he actually has a chance with but started to dislike, or something he has no chance with in life, but has started to enjoy. Then there's his family, who would not support him if he chose the second option.

Then there's his social life. He would not tell anyone what he was feeling. Tyler had started to feel isolated from his friends. Some have started to get more out there, and most of them were going to Debby's party, one of those friends being Josh. Tyler was not a party person, but now he feels like he has to go. Then there's Jenna, his three month relationship. He liked Jenna. She was a nice person with a great personality, but Tyler just didn't feel that great with her, or with anyone. He thought that maybe getting in a relationship with someone like most of his friends, something in him would change. But it didn't, and he felt terrible because now he's wasting Jenna's time because he doesn't feel anything towards her and he knew this relationship would come to an end eventually. He hoped it did and something from the universe convinced Jenna to break up with him.

Once Tyler caught his breath, he climbed up the tree to the treehouse. Tears streamed down his face like raindrops race down car window during a rainstorm. He felt completely empty and alone buried by the darkness of his mind.

Tyler entered the treehouse and lied down on the wooden floor facing the roof, which has many holes because it's old and abandoned. He did this without worrying that someone may also be inside of the treehouse.

"Tyler?" A voice asked, making Tyler immediately sit up and quickly dry his tears, startled. He did not know someone else would be here, especially on Christmas. He hasn't had an encounter anywhere near this treehouse before out of the many times he came here.

Tyler turned around to see who it was, but he already knew by the sound of his voice. "Josh," Tyler sighed, but it wasn't really a sigh of relief. "What are you doing here?"

Tyler got a good look at Josh, who was sitting down in the corner on the other side of the treehouse. Red and runny nose, puffy eyes. He was either sick or he was also crying. Tyler has known Josh long enough to know that this was the face of a Josh that just had a panic attack. It also made sense since he has anxiety.