33

I was thinking of maybe changing the title of this fanfic. But I don't know if I should cause if you search up "hometown" we're like #17... well at least for me, but I'll see. I don't even know what I would change it to...

Did anyone else know that there is an Irish band called Hometown? I had no clue.

Btw, thank you all for over 500 votes!❤️ we're also getting way closer to 3k reads.

Kinda low key proud of this chapter.

---|-/---

Josh decided to tell Jenna what Brendon had told him the next day. Jenna has been very frustrated with both Tyler and Josh since what Tyler drunkenly admitted at Debby's party, but was more angry with Josh now that Tyler does not remember anything that took place at all. She didn't know how to feel towards Tyler or what he did anymore. Jenna still liked him, but Tyler is gay, and Tyler doesn't remember ever being with Jenna or cheating on her with Josh. She didn't know whether to feel angry at Tyler or bad for him. Jenna had mixed feelings about the situation.

It took a few tries today for Josh to convince Jenna to talk to him again. Jenna was furious that Josh had convinced Debby that they slept together, trying to make the best out of a crime that was committed just because they ended up liking each other. But Jenna finally gave in and decided to listen to what seemed very important for her to hear.

Josh had found Jenna during lunchtime outside their school cafeteria to summarize what Brendon had told him the previous afternoon. Josh explained everything; the water, how Chris wasn't with him during the firework show, and his knowledge about GHB. Josh didn't know what to do with all of this information, so he turned to Jenna, one of the smartest and most responsible people he knows.

Jenna couldn't believe what was coming out of Josh's mouth. Her eyes widened with every word Josh spoke, and she also gasped a few times when Josh expressed his thoughts about Chris being guilty of what happened to Debby that night. Jenna was just as angry and confused as Josh was, and still is, when he started to consider Chris as being the culprit.

Jenna thought of Chris as a good friend, so she turned down everything Josh said at first. It was hard for Jenna to try and wrap her brain around the idea that Chris may not have been such a good guy after all. Jenna could not believe what she was hearing, but she did tell herself that almost everything Josh was trying to explain made sense.

"You can't know that for sure." Jenna said firmly, still not wanting to believe Josh. "Chris was my friend, our friend." she was sadly disappointed.

"He was my friend too," Josh was still trying to convince himself that Chris was the only person that could've possibly done this. "But it makes sense. He brought the water, and he was nowhere to be found during the firework show."

"It has to be just a coincidence that he wasn't with any of us during the firework show. Maybe he was with someone else. We need solid evidence, we can't just assume he did it!" Jenna was trying to be realistic. "Are you sure this is not just you thinking about the worst possible things that could happen out of every situation?"

Jenna knew about Josh's generalized anxiety disorder. It means that Josh thinks about the worst possible scenarios that could happen in almost everything that goes on in his life. He anticipates disaster and is overly concerned about things happening in his life. For example, if he gets in a car, he thinks about the possibility of getting in a tragic car accident and drunk drivers that could be behind the wheel. This situation turned into a reality. It made Josh think he was right about being so worried and extra careful all the time.

"No, it's not. I'm serious. What if it was actually Chris? Should we go to the police... or something? Should we-"

"I think you need to go back to therapy." Jenna expressed her own concerns.