4

As promised, Tyler was able to return home the next afternoon. He felt a little woozy because of all the medication he took back in the hospital, and because he was currently in a moving car on his way home. The doctor had also prescribed some strong pain medication for him to help ease his pain from the head injury. He was just glad to be out of there even though the food was great.

Tyler still didn't remember anything that happened, but he tried to remember. Some things were coming back though. He remembered being in a car, and that he wasn't the one driving it. Some memories of his family were also coming back, but only a few.

Tyler and his parents arrived at a spacious house almost outside of the town. It was almost in the middle of nowhere, but still close to some locations which were down the road. There were trees behind the house all covered in January snow, a forest maybe. Anyone could easily access it since there wasn't a fence around the back of the house. There was also a small road that led straight into the forest.

Tyler examined the inside of the house trying to remember something. Nothing was coming to him so far. All he could remember was the sirens, flashes of blue and red, bright white lights, and being in the car. It did add up since he was told he was in a car accident.

Tyler made it into the dining room and started to check things out there. On a wooden table he saw a newspaper from January 3rd. He sat down and started to look through it. But then, he came across a headline that caught his attention.

"1 Dead and 3 Injured in New Year's Car Accident"

Below it was a picture of the wreck. The entire front part of the car was completely destroyed and the car was turned sideways off the road in the grass.

He started to read. The names of the people in the car were also in the article.

Chris, Nick, and Josh.

Chris was the one behind the wheel, and he was the one that died.

Chris and Tyler were at the front and Nick and Josh were at the back. Chris was declared dead at the scene and Tyler had hit his head on the window beside him so hard it broke the window. Nick and Josh just suffered from a few broken bones and cuts from the broken windows.

Tyler did not remember those names, they just sounded familiar. That's all everything sounded to him, because he couldn't remember the exact details.

Once Tyler finished the rest of the article, he closed it and put it down. All that information was too much to process for him.

"I don't know if you remember," Tyler's dad came into the room. "Chris was a very good friend of yours. His funeral is tomorrow morning if you want to attend."

"I'll go." Tyler told him, then proceeded to look through the rest of the house.

He went upstairs to his room, which had a perfect view of the trees covered in snow at the back of the house. One of the walls were full of medals for basketball and a shelf with a few trophies. Apparently he's been playing since he was in elementary school, but he didn't remember any of this, like everything else.

"You were the team's most valued player." Tyler's dad had followed him to his room to see how he was doing. "You were even offered a full scholarship for college because of it."

"Did I take it?" Tyler asked him, still looking at the trophies.

"You haven't decided."

Tyler kept looking around. Everything was really off for him, but I guess that's what it feels like when you can barely remember anything that happened in your past life. He needed more information, anything that would help him remember something.

"Get some rest Tyler, you barely made it up the stairs because you're so woozy." Tyler's dad told him, walking out the door to give him some space.

"Okay... dad." Tyler said, still not remembering.

Tyler sat on his bed slowly after his dad had closed the door behind him. Looking out the window he told himself that he would be determined to find out more about his life.

---|-/---

Does this cover look okay? My editing skills are not that great and idk I might change the cover unless you guys like it and yes I see you👀

I haven't really introduced myself but hey I'm Kayla, I live in Canada and I'm bi asf🏳️‍🌈. My description pretty much sums me up.

I'm curious.... who are you guys' fave?? Mine is Josh always has been