30

TW: mentions of rape

After this chapter I'll post the Q&A

---|-/---

Jenna agreed to go to Debby's house to work on some homework like they did every few days. The house was already clean because they had cleaned it the day after the party. Compared to the mess you usually see after a huge party in movies, it wasn't that bad. They put on music and made the cleaning fun for themselves. They had fun together and that's all that mattered.

Debby had started to feel better, even though she forgot about most things that happened at the party. All she remembered was bits and pieces. She's convinced that she just had a stomach ache, and that mixed with the alcohol made her feel sick to the point she blacked out. She hasn't really asked anything since she talked to Josh about it in the hospital. How she got to her room made sense now. Josh told her he had carried her there because she was feeling faint.

"I hate math." Debby complained. "Will we ever need this in the future?"

"Probably not." Jenna sighed.

Even though they both hated math, they kept working on it to get it done as soon as possible. It was due the next day, and their math teacher was really strict.

"Will you have to replace all the missing alcohol before your parents get back?" Jenna changed the subject.

"Yeah." Debby nodded. "It isn't a lot though, just three bottles of champagne, a bottle of wine and a few cans of beer. Josh is helping me get everything. I made a list."

"Right." Jenna remembered. She was with Josh now. "Since when did you even start liking him?" Jenna had many questions about their relationship. It happened out of nowhere. By the time Josh got out of the hospital they were already holding hands.

"I've liked him for a while. He's a nice guy." Debby replied as she smiled.

"And you didn't tell me?" Jenna was a little offended by her best friend not telling her this, but hid it very well.

"I guess I didn't." Debby admitted. "But you know now. We've been going out for almost two weeks now."

Jenna was still confused. "How did it happen?"

"It just... did." Debby smiled. "I went to go visit him in the hospital and we talked. I just had a question, and he gave me the answer. We just talked more and more and he admitted his feelings for me and I told him I felt the same way." Debby explained. She couldn't stop smiling by now.

"What was the question?" Jenna was intrigued.

"Since you're asking so many questions..." Debby started. "Why didn't you tell me you and Tyler broke up?"

"I didn't want to talk about it." Jenna was firm, remembering what Tyler did. She still could believe Tyler would cheat on her with Josh. It was one of the reasons Jenna didn't agree with Debby going out with Josh.

"Okay, I won't answer." Debby smirked.

Jenna sighed. "We just decided we were better off as friends." Jenna lied. She just didn't want Debby to ask to much and eventually find out Tyler and Josh kissed and then get mad at Josh. Ever since Debby started dating Josh, she seemed happier. She didn't want to ruin that happiness.

"As long as you're fine, I'm fine." Debby smiled.

"I'm fine." Jenna lied. She wasn't fine about it. "So, what was the question?" Jenna repeated once more.

"I just had one last question about the party. Josh just seemed to be in a lot of my unclear memories of the party. Since you didn't know how I got inside my room, I decided to ask him."