8

It was Monday morning and it was time to go to school for the first time after the tragic New Year's car accident. The school was pretty close to Tyler's house, and there was a trail that led to it by his house. For obvious reasons, Tyler didn't remember the way, so his brother Zack walked with him since they went to the same school.

It was a nice day out, and Tyler was happy to get out of the indoors and go on a nice walk. This was his first time outside since the party. There was still some snow outside, but because it was a sunny day it had started to melt. The trees outside their house and along the trail they walked were a mix of white and green. Both Tyler and Zack liked the view.

"How are you doing?" Zack asked Tyler, being a bit worried about him. He's been worried about Tyler since he heard he was in a car accident after he came back home from a small party with his own friends on New Years. He only got to be there for a short periods of time before he heard the news. Because Tyler fell into a week long coma and had to rest so much, they have barely had the chance to talk one on one.

"Okay I guess, my head is feeling better. But it's uncomfortable to sleep with a cast around my arm." Tyler said honestly. "How are you?"

"Alright, just a little stressed. I have basketball, exams, and everything else."

"You play basketball too?" Tyler asked surprised. Of course he didn't know.

"We're in the same team Tyler."

"Oh."

"Yeah." Zack sighed.

There was an awkward silence between them for a few seconds. It was awkward because Zack knew Tyler very well, he was his older brother after all and he's known him his whole life. But Tyler didn't know who Zack was because of his amnesia. Zack just had answers, and Tyler had questions. Tyler hoped that Zack could answer some of the questions he had, he just didn't know where to start.

"Can I ask you a few questions?"

"Sure." Zack nodded.

"What was I like?"

Zack thought for a moment. "You were really chill and had a lot of friends, but only a few close ones. A basketball pro, you were pretty much like the Troy Bolton of the family." Zack chuckled as Tyler looked at him confused.

"Wait, who's that?" Tyler asked.

"Oh, uh, this guy from a movie that plays basketball, it's his passion." Zack gave him a brief explanation. He still needed to get used to the fact that Tyler won't know everything about what he might talk about, and he's gonna have to explain everything.

"Okay." Tyler understood, but he had more questions. "Do I happen to play the keyboard?"

"Not really. You're always so busy with basketball you barely play it. It was a Christmas present from mom." Zack explained.

"Do you know who they are? My close friends I mean."

"One of them was Chris, Nick, and Josh. You had more, but I think this girl named Jenna was also in your friend group."

'Jenna?' Tyler thought. Maybe she was one of the girls in the photos he had inside his closet. "What does she look like?"

"Blonde, blue eyes, I don't know specific details I don't see her a lot."

"It's alright." Tyler said. That's all he needed to confirm that Jenna was one of the girls in the picture. But he had more questions. "How was I doing in school?"

"I don't know about your grades, our parents should know though. But you never got in trouble if that's what you're asking."

"That's good, I guess." Tyler was glad he was finally getting some answers.

Before Tyler asked any more questions about himself, they came across a second trail going left. But Zack continued walking straight forward on the right side.

"Where does that other trail lead to?" Tyler asked, still following him and not wanting to get lost in the middle of the small forest. Specially with amnesia, that would suck.

"I've never gone that way, but I heard there's this small abandoned house and an abandoned treehouse on the way there. I also heard it's haunted, but it might be just a rumor. Just stay in this lane."

After a fifteen minute walk, which didn't seem that long for Tyler, they arrived at school. A wide two story brick building with a small parking lot beside it. People were already there, talking as they were leaning against the walls of the school because the bell hasn't rang yet.

As Zack and Tyler got closer to the entrance, people started looking at Tyler. Some looked at him and kept walking, but some kept staring and started to talk more quietly.

"He's alive." Tyler heard a guy whisper to another.

"How is he still walking?" He heard another voice say.

"Everyone heard, they're just worried about you." Zack felt that Tyler might have started to feel a bit uncomfortable, and he was right. "Small town, word spreads like wildfire."

"I can tell." Tyler said nervously.

"Hey, if you need any help just come find me. I'm in room 155 this entire morning and the cafeteria is just down that hall over to the left. If you want to I can meet you at lunch." Zack clearly wanted to help Tyler, and Tyler appreciated that.

"Thanks... brother." Tyler half smiled.

Zack patted his shoulder and walked the other way to another hallway past some lockers. He had given Tyler a copy of his schedule and showed him a map of the school that Tyler forgot he had inside his school agenda.

Tyler looked at his schedule and quickly saw that according to it, he had history class in room 166 first, then science on the second floor. It was pretty straight forward.

As he tried to find the room by looking around like a lost and confused puppy, he received more stares by people he didn't know. Until he saw a person he had already talked to before, and Tyler was very glad to finally see him.