40

Btw, for some reason my notifications don't show me every single comment I get on this fanfic, so I'm sorry if I don't answer to any of you but some of the comments just don't show up.

Also, if I take long to update it's probably because I'm working on my second fanfic;) *wink wink*

TW

---|-/---

Debby stood there just around the corner as she kept listening to Tyler and Josh talk. She could not believe what just came out of Josh's mouth. It was Chris, and not him. He lied to her about something very important. She was feeling all kinds of emotions. Anger, sadness, confusion. How could Chris do this to her? Debby once considered him a good friend, just like Josh did.

The information appalled her. She could not believe what Josh had done, and what Chris had done, what everyone had done. They've all been keeping this from her for a long time, and Debby couldn't believe that she was the last one to find out. Debby didn't even find out because someone had finally told her, she found out on her own. She wondered when she would've found out if she wasn't here.

Debby didn't realize she began to cry until a few tears ran down her cheeks. She didn't know what to do. She just stood there, frozen, unable to move one muscle in her body. Eventually, Debby just walked away, deciding that she'd talk to Josh later.

---|-/---

As Debby walked to her car after school, she saw Jenna from a distance. Jenna saw her too, so she started to approach her as she smiled. "Hi Debby, how are y-"

"You knew." Debby cut Jenna off as she paced towards her, which immediately made Jenna's smile disappear. "You knew, and you didn't fucking tell me." Debby pointed.

Jenna knew exactly what Debby was talking about. "I told Josh that he should've told you."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Debby started to cry again, but this time it was tears of anger. "You should've just told me, Jenna. When did you find out!?" Debby said coldly, clenching her jaw.

"I'm sorry." Jenna apologized. "I just didn't know how to tell you."

"Yeah," Debby breathed. "That's what Josh said too."

"He told you?" Jenna asked confused. He wouldn't have.

"He didn't even have to." Debby forced out a fake laugh. "It's just funny how everyone knew before me. The victim of what happened. Why didn't you fucking tell me!?"

"I didn't know how! I didn't even know since the beginning!" Jenna explained, not having enough time to ask how Debby found out if Josh didn't tell her himself. "Josh did, and he told us about how it might've been Chris that did it and I didn't know what to believe." Jenna felt guilty for not telling Debby this from the moment she found out. "Josh had some very good points but- he's dead. Chris is dead now."

"He fucking got away with it." Debby told more to herself than to Jenna. Debby didn't know what to do with herself or her life anymore.

"Debby, I'm sorry." Jenna apologized once more.

"Who else knew?" Debby asked as she wiped some tears mixed with mascara with her long sleeves, ignoring Jenna's apology.

"Me, Josh, Nick, and Zack."

"Even Tyler knew." Debby said in anger. "He lost his memory, and even he knows it happened!"

"How is that possible?"

"Josh and Tyler were talking. I'm assuming Josh got tired of Tyler asking so many questions and he told him." Debby thought. "I heard them, they didn't see me."

Jenna didn't know how to feel about that. "Debby, we could go to the police right now if you want." Jenna suggested. "We could-"

"It's too late. Chris is dead. Gone. Who presses charges against a dead guy?" Debby spoke coldly about him. "I can't."

"Yes, you can!" Jenna tried to convince her otherwise.

"Why didn't you tell me this when you found out? Why didn't you tell me?" Debby repeated.

Before Jenna could give an answer Debby thought would have been irrelevant anyways, she got inside her car. Debby did not want to talk to her at all after knowing what she kept from her.

"Debby, wait." Jenna cried, tapping on her car's window.

Debby simply ignored her, and backed up her car from the school parking lot. Jenna called her name, begging her to wait, but Debby ignored her. She didn't want to talk to any one.

It was a fifteen-minute drive back to her house. The whole time, she cried with the radio turned off. The same words repeated over and over in her hand. You shouldn't have drank. It's your fault. You should've listened. It's your fault. Debby felt weak and ashamed. She started to convince herself that it was her fault. It was all her fault for drinking, throwing that stupid party, and not listening in the first place.

After fifteen minutes worth of thinking, she finally arrived at her house's driveway. All she wanted was to curl up in a ball and cry some more. Her eyes were puffy, and the sides of her face were stained by dry tears she's cried for almost twenty minutes. You asked for it. The voice repeated.

Debby got just enough energy to turn off the engine of the car, close the door when she got out, and walk to her house's main entrance to open the door.

"Hi Debby!" her mother called, assuming that it was her. Debby did not expect her to be home this early.

She quickly dried her tears, and managed to speak without her voice cracking. "Hey, mom." Debby greeted.

Debby's mother walked to the house's entrance to see her daughter. As a mother, you know when something off with their child, and Debby's mom had a gut feeling that something was wrong when she caught Debby drying her tears, and attempting to hide her face.

"Debby, what's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing." Debby lied. She couldn't tell her about the party, or what one of her good friends has done, and how he's now dead and she can't do anything about it.

"Don't lie to me." Debby's mom saw right through her.

Debby just shook her head, trying to convince her mom that nothing was wrong. She failed. "Mom." her voice cracked, and quickly began to cry again.

"What happened?" her mom pulled her into a hug. Debby didn't have enough energy to hug back. She just stood there to let herself get hugged. Debby's mother automatically assumed that it was something terrible. It's been a while since she's seen Debby cry. "What happened?" she repeated.

"I-it's my fault." Debby cried without an explanation.

"What's wrong?" Debby's mom asked again, drying up her tears with her own hands, looking at her eyes which were filled with tears.

It took a few seconds for Debby to attempt to talk again. "I- I threw a party." this wasn't the first time Debby has thrown a big party without her parent's permission, so her mom was not surprised. "And something h-happened. Chris- h-he drugged me." Debby was sobbing by now. "Now I can't go to the police because he's dead."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Debby's mom was angry, but she was sympathetic towards her.

"I found out t-today." Debby sniffed.

Debby's mom felt the strong need to ask more questions, and Debby answered them briefly. She decided to lie to her mom about how she found out by telling her that she suddenly remembered, even though she still didn't remember a few bits from the night of the party.

"Does anyone else know?"

"No." Debby lied. She didn't want any of her friends, if she should even call them that, to get involved.

"Okay, here's why we're going to do:" Debby's mom started. "We're going to go to the police station, and you're going to tell them what happened."

"B-but mom, Chris is dead. I can't."

"It's never too late."

I wrote this at 4am so there might be some errors oops. I'll fix them later.