14

Yes, Zack knew Jenna. She was part of the group of friends Tyler had, so they all knew each other. He had lied to Tyler about that. But it's true that Zack didn't know her that well. Jenna was sort of new to the group. They officially met the night of the tragic accident that made Tyler lose his memory.

The group of friends had their issues with each other, and that's why they haven't talked to each other since New Year's Day. It wasn't because Tyler lost his memory, so Josh did lie to him to. But part of it was because Chris had passed away, so he wasn't a complete liar.

Some of them refused to talk to each other. But now that Tyler lost his memory and he completely forgot what happened between them, it's going to be hard to explain. Tyler thought they were all still friends and he wants them all in the same room to "get to know each other". Well, for Tyler to get to know them.

This was a problem because now everyone had to pretend to be okay with each other. If not, Tyler would get suspicious and ask more questions, and they would all have to explain what really happened.

Zack tried to fix this by meeting up with Jenna to talk to her about it. They met up outside of the cafeteria away from where everyone else was like they planned. The rest didn't have to hear this.

"Jenna, we just have to go along with it. Just for a day. He'll find out if we look like we're not getting along." Zack continued the conversation they had on the phone the day before.

"I get that. But you know he's gonna find out eventually, right? He might even get his entire memory back so he'll know." Jenna stated the facts. "Why can't we just tell him the truth?"

"My parents are gonna kill him if anyone every finds out about this, you know that right? My whole family. I just want to protect him." Zack said seriously.

"Protect who?" Someone asked out of nowhere, making both Jenna and Zack turn around panicked. Realizing who it was, they stayed calm.

"I'm not talking to you." Jenna turned her back on Josh.

"I said I was sorry already." Josh sighed. "Is this about what happened?"

"Yes." Zack said truthfully. "Now Tyler wants us all to meet up and talk so he can get to know us all better. He thinks we're all good friends, and I think this is a good way to cover up what happened."

"Actually," Josh took a deep breath. "I gave him the idea. I said we should all meet up."

Jenna looked at Josh in disbelief. "Josh, how could you?"

"I'm sorry, okay! He was upset and so confused about everything and that he was lonely so I just suggested it. He trusted me enough to tell me this. I say we just tell him what happened and move on."

"Move on and tell him what happened?" Jenna asked Josh, still not believing what Josh did. "Part of this is your fault too, they'll kill you."

"Oh, I didn't know you cared so much about me." Josh rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"Guys, please." Zack got between them to prevent any further arguments. "It already happened. Why can't you guys move on? Tyler doesn't even remember. I say we all just pretend to get along and forget about it. It was probably a mistake."

"A mistake?!" Jenna was furious. Nobody was understanding where she was coming from. "That night Tyle-"

"Who else is coming Josh? Since this was your great idea." Zack interrupted, already knowing what Jenna was going to rant about like she has before. He was mad at Josh too.

"Just you guys, Nick, and Debby."

"Debby? Well isn't this just fantastic!" Jenna exclaimed with sarcasm. "He's going to find out."

"Look, Debby doesn't even know. She's probably not going to say anything. She was wasted that night. And you guys better not fucking say anything to her." Josh threatened.

"Yeah, wouldn't want your girlfriend to know what you also did." Jenna rolled her eyes, knowing that Josh knows exactly what he did, making Josh even more mad.

"When did you guys even start dating?" Zack asked Josh confused. They were friends, but Debby and Josh weren't together before.

"When Tyler was asleep in the hospital, so maybe like three weeks ago. I've liked her for longer than that to be honest. I thought I needed a fresh start. And Jenna, I do really like her so you better not ruin this for me." Josh pleaded.

"Like how everyone broke me and Tyler up that night and got him in that accident? Yeah, okay." Jenna crossed her arms.

"You're not even together anymore! Move on!"

"We would still be together if it weren't for you!" Jenna pushed Josh away.

"Please!" Zack broke them apart once again. "We have to do something. If any of you guys' families find out about this it's over. Here's what we're going to do." Zack started. "Josh, you talk to Debby and tell her to meet us at the club tomorrow without saying anything specific. I'll talk to Nick and help him since he's still in that wheelchair. Jenna, calm yourself. You have to admit to yourself that he actually helped you."

Josh and Jenna nodded in agreement. Zack was right. Tyler couldn't find out about this. At least not yet. They were going to wait until this was all over and Tyler got to know others and himself better. They were all willing to keep this a secret.

But not for long.

---|-/---

AHHH!!

I swear it'll all make sense in the next few chapter. Sorry this was so short but I felt like I had to stop here.

Love you all |-/