13. The Howl

Readers (while glaring): Look who woke up from the dead.

Author (hides into the closet) : I'm sorry don't hate me ): I swear I had a reason!

Readers: Okay now say what was the reason that you vanished from the earth for almost 2 months!!

Author (sighs a relief sigh and slowly comes out of the closest) : Okay so for more than 1st month I had exams and the damn preparation of it and then when holidays started I had this huge writer's block so yeah...

( Readers raising their eyebrows )

Author: I'm sorry. I promise I'll update every day until the end of this month.

Readers: do you promise?

Author: yes I'll try to update every day. So now am I forgiven ?? (Makes a puppy face)

Readers: okay but don't do this next time or we will...

Author: yes, yes. I'm forgiven. Now I'm gonna update so bye and Thankyouu for forgiving me <3
--------------

 Now I'm gonna update so bye and Thankyouu for forgiving me <3--------------

I woke up by the sounds of growls. I sat up and saw no one was around but it seems like there was someone, there is a faint smell of something forest-y and masculine scent. I was confused. I looked at the clock and saw it was 2am, I'm still pretty sleepy so maybe I'm just imagining things. So I lay down again and tried to go back to sleep.

A sound of howl came from outside. And I was scared immediately. A howl which was probably a howl from a wolf. But why would a wolf be over here? To confirm my suspicion I looked out of the window. All I found is an eerie silence. I sighed in relief when everything looked the way it should be. The forest is calm and peaceful. No sound.
Everything is okay, everything is okay. I chanted to myself. But I don't know why my heartfelt heavy after hearing that howl. I shrugged it off and lay down again and tried to sleep, keyword being 'tried' but I didn't sleep until 4 am.
___________

"Wake up bitch, where's my fucking breakfast?" My father roared.

I woke up and looked at the time it was 7:30 am and I'm late. My body involuntarily shook in fear. I didn't make breakfast for him yet. Without even going to the bathroom, I rushed downstairs. As I was about to step inside the kitchen, my hair was pulled back with a searing force. I looked back and saw my father had my hair in his hands and is pulling it.

"You worthless bitch. Why isn't my breakfast on the table?" he said and pulled my hair roughly, I winced in pain.

"I'm s-so-sorry s-sir. I wok-woke up late."

"You bitch, can't you do your fucking work," he said and punched my stomach and cheek. And so in the end, I was fully bruised and tired but I still have to go for work so I managed to get ready and walked to my workplace.

I was serving a table when I saw Eros sitting on one of the tables. I served the table and went to him. By just looking at him I forgot all the beatings and my worst life and smiled at him.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

"Hey," he said but his voice was controlled, guarded and so were his eyes.

I put my hand on his shoulder and asked, "Hey, everything okay, Eros ?" And then we made eye contact and his eyes darkened and suddenly I'm in his arms. He hugged me tightly while sniffing my neck. I put my arms around him slowly and winced a bit from the pain in them. He noticed this somehow and released me and kept me in arms distance.

"Show me your arms" he demanded.

"W-why?" I asked nervously.

"I said just show it" he demanded more firmly.

"N-no," I said while putting my arms behind my back. But he didn't listen to me and gently pulled my arms out and pulled the sleeves of my top up and looked at the blue-black bruises on them. I didn't want to see the disgust in his eyes so I looked down but he kept quiet and stared at it wordlessly. So I slowly looked up and saw his face showed anger, his green eyes turned pitch black. And his eyes showed anger and guilt. He looked up and we made eye contact and then he looked closely at my face. He wiped my face and I looked at him confused that why was he wiping it and then he removed his hands from my face and made a fist of them at his sides. Then I remembered the foundation I had put on my face to cover the bruises is now on his hands and my bruises on display. And then if I thought that his eyes were pitch black then this eye color was even darker than it. He growled. And then he lifted his hand and it came near my face and I without thinking flinched and cowered in fear. And then I heard a whimper. I looked at him and saw his eyes were glistening with tears.

"Do you really think I would hit you?" He questioned softly and his voice broke at the end.

I looked at him and all the anger vanished all left was guilt and vulnerability. I shook my head. Then he sighed in relief and looked at me with soft and warm green eyes, which I happened to love a lot.

"Good because I won't even think of hurting you or letting someone hurt you baby," he said softly.

I don't know what came over me but I suddenly have this urge to kiss him and without thinking much I did that. I kissed him.

--------------
So this the next update which I made you people waiting for. I'm so sorry for not updating for almost 2 months. I hope you had forgiven me. If you haven't then it's okay. I hope I didn't disappoint you and you liked this chapter. And please share your views by commenting on them, they are my motivation to update. So keep 'em coming!