37. My Hero

'I got a lead' Bren's voice sounded in my head waking me from my sleep

'I got a lead' Bren's voice sounded in my head waking me from my sleep. I have blocked everyone else but him.

'On my way' I replied and hurriedly got up from the bed but not before gazing over my mate, my Amelia.

I am doing this all for you, Mi Novia.

And then I kissed her gently on her forehead. And then went on my way to Bren.

"So where is the new lead?" I asked when I reached him.

"I'll tell you everything about it but first I want to talk something important to you. Did you ate yesterday with Amelia?" he asked in a firm voice.

"No. Why?" I asked in confusion.

He shook his head, sighed, and said: "Did you saw her yesterday?" I shook my head in reply. "You should have"

"Why?" I asked in utter confusion.

"Because yesterday she made dinner for you. And not only that she even waited for you for hours as you said that you will join her in the evening. She made dinner in hopes that she could have dinner with her mate, which are you. But you never came and when you did, you didn't even bat an eyelash to her. She cried herself to sleep." he said his head in disappointment. And my heart just dropped in my throat. "Eros, I know how busy you were yesterday and all the things you are doing are for her but you have to take care of her also. And especially now as she shifted for the first time with no clue how. She needs you." he said and left me.

And I couldn't speak a word. I am doing all of this for her and hiding it from her so that she won't worry but now my actions are just making her hurt.

I'll make it up for her.

I decided and let the feeling of guilt aside and focused on the task on my hand.
_________

A small part of me wished that Eros would here wait for me to wake and greet me with a kiss and we could have breakfast together but it wasn't the case as I got up alone, again

I sighed and got ready for the day.

I had breakfast in silence and loneliness.

And after that I went to the living room and sat there watching some movie for the sake of anything, I don't know what was actually happening in the movie. My mind just couldn't help but think the worst things possible like now he is bored with me or like he doesn't want me anymore. No matter what I tried to think but it came back to that thought again and again. It took a lot of work to keep the tears at bay.

"You know, you shouldn't disrespect the movie by not seeing it." a voice broke me from my reverie. I looked up and saw Dylan.

I smiled apologetically. And then I remembered the events of yesterday and said "I am so sorry for what happened yesterday. I don't know why Eros was so angry.  I really apologize for his behalf, he shouldn't have treated you in that way. "

He shook his head with a smile and said "No problem. He was just angry before and seeing you with me triggered it and it is okay. I wasn't hurt. And you saved me, my hero" he winked jokingly.

I chuckled and forgot all about that I was sad few moments ago. And said "So what do I get in return? "

"What would you like to have, my hero," he said continuing our joke.

"Hmm, let me think. I will ask you when I want to make a wish for that. " I said with a big smile.

"Okay, okay. I'll remember," he promised. "Now let's watch the movie. I'll already bring some popcorn when I saw you before seeing a movie alone but were in so much in deep thoughts that you didn't notice." I nodded in reply. "By the way, from who now you were trying to save our earth?"

"Why would I save the earth? " I asked laughter lacing my voice.

"Oh, because as deep you were thinking it looked like you were saving the earth from aliens. Aliens who were ugly green huge monsters. Wasn't it the case?" he said with a straight face but with an accent of a child's voice on the last line. I don't know how he could keep a straight face without bursting into laughter but I couldn't, so I did and laughed a lot with him joining me later.

And in this way, we were the whole afternoon. In the evening I went back into my room. Just as I sat down from having a bath, Eros entered.

He looked at me with so much guilt that I couldn't stop the single tear which ran from my eye but before it could reach my jaw, a finger caught it, and soon I found myself in the arms of Eros.

He hugged me tightly and kissed my hair. I hugged him back just as tightly. I never thought not seeing him for only a day couldn't give me so much sadness and pain. With our bodies so close, my wolf howled in relief. Finding her mate and being in his arms made both of us happy. Selene was abnormally quiet and now she seems pretty satisfied.

He pulled back and said "I am so sorry that you had to wait for me for so long. I am so sorry that you had to sleep in tears and all alone. I am so sorry that I couldn't give you time. I am so sorry that I couldn't be with you when you needed me the most. I am so sorry, Amelia. Forgive me " he said guilt and sadness lacing is a voice.

"it's okay" I replied.

---------
I hope you all are happy now seeing them together.

Today is such an amazing day, you know why?

Because it's The King's, Queen Birthday. Its been a year. We have come so far has 37 chapters, 70.4K views, 2.58 votes, 638 comments, #8 in werewolf!! I can't thank you all enough. Each single of you no matter that you have just read a single chapter of this book or never voted, never commented; I want to THANK YOU! if you weren't there with me we would have never reached where we are. I am so happy. *wipes a stray tear* I want you all who are reading this to give yourself a hug as you made someone happy by reading her book aka me. So c'mon give yourself a hug, you deserve it!❤❤

And as it's TKQ DAY, I'll update more today. And I want to ask for a very small thing, on one year of The King's Queen I want this chapter to have 50 comments and 50 votes, I know you can do it. It isn't a goal for having the next chapter but just a small thing that would make me happier and then I can give you more chapters. So it's a win-win situation. So, just do it!😁

And Happy TKQ Day!! ❤