30. Rogues

"Amelia" Eros yelled and rushed to me

I turned to see him tore the door of the car and held me in his arms before putting me down. He looked me up and down and growled furiously after he saw the cuts on my face and arms with a little bit of blood oozing out of them. His eyes turned coal black. The look on his face was full of rage that I took a step back which made his attention shift to me and seeing me backing from him made him growl and the hold on me tightened. And admittedly I was scared.

Macy seemed to notice and she tried to come near me which made Eros growl in warning.

She didn't move an inch and said "Bryce, you are scaring Amelia. Give Eros back control." In reply, Eros or Bryce growled and shook his head.

So she turned to me and said "Amelia, only you can calm his wolf. Do it before he destroys something or worse kill someone." she whispered the last part. My eyes widen in fear.

I tried to take a deep breath and focus on Eros who was still eyeing everyone around us with me tight in his arms.

"Eros. Eros " I called at him but he paid me no attention. I looked hopelessly at Macy.

She said lowly "Try saying his wolf's name, Bryce" I nodded.

"Bryce," I said gently. And he looked at me. I sighed. He was listening to me, so I continued "Bryce. I'm okay. Nothing much happened."

Eros or Bryce replied "Protect mate. Protect mate. Mate got hurt. Mate is hurt" his voice was a lot deeper husky and animalistic.

The only thing on their mind was to protect me, to make me safe, they weren't trying to scare me but the more primal side in him couldn't just neglect that I got hurt and the need to protect me was their main priority.

With these thoughts, my fear vanished. So I placed my hand on his cheek and looked into his eyes and said "I am okay. You are okay. Bryce, I'm not going anywhere. No one is going to hurt me, I know you won't let anyone harm me. I trust you. I am not going anywhere. Let Eros come. I am safe." I chanted and hugged him. His heavy breaths fanned on my neck. I weaved my fingers in his dark hair in a comforting manner. Slowly his breathing slowed down and so did his hold on me relaxed a bit.

He pulled back and the beautiful foresty green orbs that I love were staring me back. His face first showed relief and then horror. He suddenly unwrapped his arms which were around my waist and walked a few steps back.

He looked at me in horror and sadness. "I-I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. My wolf took control and he-he just couldn't stand and see you hurt -" I stopped him from saying any further.