41. Golden Eyes

The song above: Inside Out by The Chainsmokers ft Charlee

I saw a beast who had dark black fur on his body, his body was covered with thick muscles making him look utterly dangerous with his towering height, he was on his two legs, his eyes were pure gold color shining and completely contrasting its fur ...

I saw a beast who had dark black fur on his body, his body was covered with thick muscles making him look utterly dangerous with his towering height, he was on his two legs, his eyes were pure gold color shining and completely contrasting its fur color, it's nails were very long and huge jaw with sharp pointed teeth which were clearly seen as he was looking at me with his mouth wide open. With this, his arms and legs were chained and not just normal chains but very thick chains. So basically it was a truly terrifying scene to watch no matter what now I was a half-animal, a werewolf but still it terrified me to the bones.

I somehow managed to tear my eyes from the beast to Bren who was looking at me. "Who is it? And what is this? Where is Eros? You told me you were taking me to him but why am I facing a beast? Answer me, Bren!" I questioned him angrily.

"I told you I would take you to Eros and I did. The beast you are seeing is Eros" and with that, I was again confused. Confused as to what to feel, to laugh, or consider his answer. Was he speaking the truth or lying to me? Eros is a werewolf, not this beast whom I had no knowledge about. My thinking was stopped when that beast growled something which made me more shocked than ever.

"MINE. MY MATE!" the beast growled in his so deep and hoarse voice that I didn't understand at first.

I just started at it and he stared back with his deep golden eyes shining like molten gold. And then a voice came which I haven't heard from the day voice of my wolf, Selene.

"Amelia, I think Bren is right. I feel the connection to this beast." she gently said to me.

"Selene, are you sure?" I asked her, still in doubt.

"Yes, Amelia. I am. I do feel a connection with him. And that could only be possible if it was Eros as he is our only mate. So yes he is our mate. Our Eros!" she said confidently.

"Okay. I will ask how did it happen. Thank you for helping me." I said as I started to believe that this beast is actually Eros. She smiled and cut off the link.

"Okay. I think I believe that this is Eros but how did this happen? And when? Why?" I voiced my thoughts to Bren.

"I'll explain all to you," he promised.
"This is Luca, a Lycan which is another animal form of Eros. Lycan is only with the person who is a ruler. It was given by Moon Goddess to the original first King and every single generation a child will have a Lycan in him. It is only present in the male child as he would take the throne. It was given so it could control, rule, and protect the werewolves with ease. Because there were constant conflicts either within werewolves or with other species so it gives the ruler an upper hand. Luca was present with Eros from his birth. But when he was 16, was the time he shifted into Luca for the first time. And after every second full moon, he involuntarily turns to Luca and for months Eros has stopped him to transform so now he had taken it quite forcefully." he explained to me.

I digested all he had said to me. "But why was he stopping the transformation?" I asked him.

He sighed before answering "He did this because he was scared that you would leave him because in Lycan form his actions are just driven by his feelings and because of that whenever Eros feels some very strong negative emotion like rage or agony, Luca would take control and try to get rid of that feeling. Like the last time, Luca took control was when we saw you in your house laying down with blood around you. He took control of Eros and almost killed your father but it was for a very short period as he realized that you needed him at that point more than anything so Eros took control back and ran to the hospital with you in his arms." he stopped took a breath and looked at my reaction which was definitely dumbfounded.
"And Eros knew when you see him in this way a dangerous and uncontrollable manner you would be scared of him and even leave him. And Amelia, Eros could turn into Lycan is something of handful people know and now you are one of them. It is kept a secret so it could be used as an upper hand when needed and no one could take advantage of the fact that it could only be fuelled by strong emotions." he concluded.

I just stand there grasping all the information he said. I was so overwhelmed I just didn't know what to think or say. But I did have one more question so I asked him.

"Bren, I had one more question. Do you every single time chain Eros when he turns to Luca?"

He shook his head and answered "No. But this time it was different as Luca wanted to meet you but Eros was against it and so we had to chain him so he could not run to you. "

Eros, what should I do with you!

"Give me the keys to unlock the chains" I ordered Bren.

He shook his head and said "Eros told me not to. "

"Do you think that Luca would hurt me?" I raised my eyebrows in question and when he didn't answer I turned to Luca and asked him" Luca would you ever hurt me?"

In reply, he growled a loud "NO. NEVER"

"Thank you, Luca. I know you wouldn't. So Bren, keys?"

He huffed and handed me the keys.

I took it and slowly walked to the cell where Luca was chained. I opened the lock on the door and entered. He took a deep breath and curved his lips in a way that looked like a smile so I smiled back. I walked to him and first opened the lock on chains of legs and then on his arms.

And then I looked at him. He was so very tall. I looked like a child in front of him. This close I could see how anyone including me got scared, he looked pretty terrifying. But his eyes which looked at me with so much of love, the gold completely molten, liquid shining with love; told a completely different story. He looked so beautifully dangerous.

He took me in his arms all of sudden. His form bent to almost halfway so he could put his huge head on my neck. His warm breath tickling my neck as he inhaled my scent. I wounded my arms around his huge form and held him close to me.

His fur was very soft but at the same time a little coarse, pure black in color.

I sighed happily in his embrace, in the arms of my Lycan, Luca.
------------
Heyya! I hope you all liked the Lycan idea. I wanted to share this for sooo long. Finally, done! Please do share what you thought about this chapter, I would love to know. And I had given the hint of Lycan in chapter number 19, just saying!

And I need a little help. I need someone to make a cover for my upcoming story, if you could please suggest me who to approach for this purpose then it will be great!

And if you liked this chapter please do hit the little star to vote. Thankyouu for reading and loving my story, I truly appreciate it❤