28. Whip Cream Fight

Heya, people. I'm back! And I especially want to thank who all waited patiently, I truly appreciate it and this chapter is dedicated to you all peeps. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~

"Can I show you, my friend?" Vera asked me after we played for a while

"Yes, sure" I answered immediately.

"Okay, let's go," she said and held my hand while we walked out of the house for a while and stopped in front of a small house. We entered and a woman in her mid-forties approached us. She bowed down after she saw me.

"Luna, what can I do for you today?" she asked respectfully.

I don't know why she called me 'Luna' but I didn't question.

"Hi. I'm here to meet your child" I answered.

Vera shook her head furiously. "No, Ame. My friend isn't her child. She is the caretaker and owner of this orphanage." While she said my eyes widened and that ladies showed sadness.

"Oh, I am so sorry" I apologized sincerely.

"No problem, Luna," she said but her eyes still showed little sadness.

"Are you okay? If you don't mind me asking." I asked softly.

She nodded and said "I and my mate weren't able to have a child because I couldn't. I'm infertile. We have tried many times many of the time it would reach till one and half months and then miscarriage would happen. I was very depressed" she stopped, sniffed a bit, and then a smile graced her face as she continued "My mate, he was there with me at every point, even when I was ignoring him and doing nothing but cry. He was there and helped me, gave me a purpose, made me realize that if I couldn't have a child we could still adopt. So after considering that a child could get love from parents and we could get his or hers. We adopted a boy. Now we all are very happy. I haven't considered him anything less than my own son. After adopting him we thought there might be so many other children who wouldn't be living properly and without any care or love. We cannot adopt them all so we started this orphanage when we approached Alpha King with this idea, he was very supportive and still is. He comes every once in a while to check." she concluded with pride and thankfulness.

Throughout when she was reciting her life story, I was going through many emotions as if I were the one who was going through all of that like sadness, thankful, supportive, happiness, and lastly pride.

"I'm sorry for what you had been gone through but I want to thank you for giving these children shelter and love. If you need anything please do not hesitate to ask me." I stopped as I still don't know her name.