65. Belladonna

(A/N : before reading this chapter, kindly reread Amelia's POV in the previous chapter as there is a minor change. Thanks)

"Where do you suspect that Julius would be present?" I asked all the warriors

"A few villages down, near the border of this pack and the pack that he captured; we suspect that he might be hiding there. And somehow he was informed that we might be coming here to find him and hence he is hiding, that coward." one of them answered me.

"So what next, Alpha?"

"I am thinking we should attack him by surprise and not wait for him to attack. We have already wasted a lot of time in the waiting game let's play the real game. Would do you all think?" I asked them.

After a moment of contemplation, they agreed with me.

Within a few minutes, our plan was ready. We would make a surprise attack, simple. The only problem was that we don't know what exactly we are against and how many of them are. So it is decided that a large group of warriors would join us later but first, we would attack. The reason for having them after is it was just our guess that he could be there and if he wasn't then having an army with me would create not only an accommodation problem but would also scare away the villagers. And if we didn't find him there then we would simply return back to Tierra De Lobos instead of wasting any time.

The next early morning, just at dawn we went to that village.

As we reached the village it was immediately suspicious. It was a complete barren of any human life it was as if no one lived there which was very strange as a few days ago, there was a village full of people and animals but this sight was a complete contrast to it.

"Wait," I ordered. "Something is wrong, this village isn't supposed to be empty" They all murmured their agreements. "Let's go around and as soon as you see anything at all, immediately call for me. Now go" I commanded them all. Everyone went in different directions and so I walked ahead to find something.

After a few steps I got a whiff of something that was not normal, that specific smell came from only one plant which was rare and dangerous. I walked in the direction of smell and the sight was enough to confirm that we just walked into a trap.

"ABORT MISSION. Go run as fast as you can and don't wait. After reaching Tierra De Lobos tells Bren that Julius has Belladonna." I used all of my force and mind linked them to run away as far and as fast they can.

I was torn between destroying these plants or running away from it but before I could decide for myself, someone else did. A cloth with the same smell was kept under my nose and soon black spots danced in my vision. I could feel Bryce and Luca yelling me to be strong and fight against it but the smell got more powerful and soon I succumbed to it.