69. Coma

Seeing my soulmate being tied up and barely alive had made me feel so scared and with so much rage

Seeing my soulmate being tied up and barely alive had made me feel so scared and with so much rage. All I want to do is hunt down each one who dared lay a hand on Eros. I could see he tried to be awake but his body gave up as soon as we reached the car.

I was caressing his forehead when Aurelia came beside me.

"Did you find Julius?" I questioned her.

She shook her head, "We searched everywhere but he isn't here." she replied. "How is he?" she asked while looking at Eros.

My eyes burned with unshed tears "Not good. But-" I stopped as I realize that I can do something to help him.

I closed my eyes, relaxed, and cleared my mind. I concentrated on the power of hiding in me and tapped into that. My veins started to become bright blue with my skin turning warm, I touched my hand on Eros' chest near his heart. I could feel the golden power was rushing from my hand to his chest. And as the intensity of the power increased his chest became hotter to touch. His heartbeat increased, he coughed loudly and his body started to shiver uncontrollably. It almost made me pull back my hand in fear that I worsened his health but the power in me didn't let me leave. And within a few seconds, his body temperature returned to normal and the power dragged back to my soul from my hand.

I opened my eyes and breathed a sigh of relief. He now looked a little better, his breaths returned to normal.

"Wow" Aurelia's voice made me realize that I was not alone. I looked at her and saw awe swimming in her eyes. "This is the first time that I saw such a powerful healing process. " she complimented me.

I smiled tiredly at her. Using healing powers takes a toll on me and especially with this much power was the first time.

"Now, let's leave. We all are in dire need of sleep." I instructed. They all nodded in response.

I laid Eros' head on my lap and caressed his hair and then as soon as the car started, my body succumbed to sleep.

I was shaken awake from my sleep and after looking around, I realized that we reached the pack. I slept for hours straight. Now I definitely feel a lot freshened.

"Can you please use your magic to carry him to the doctor?" I requested Octavia to which she nodded and closed her eyes while quietly murmuring spells. And soon enough, Eros' body levitated and started floating in the air. I followed his body which floated in the direction of the hospital where the pack doctor was waiting for him.

All the pack members were in awe to see their Alpha's unconscious body floating in the air. But my I was too busy looking at Eros to react how funny they looked with their jaw slacked.

And soon enough, we reached the pack hospital and into the room.

Eros was laid down on the hospital bed. The pack doctor kicked us out and started checking his vitals and nursing his wounds.

Bren, Macy, Dylan, and Mason joined us as soon as we reached the hospital. All of us were waiting in the waiting room.

"Thank you, everyone, for helping us today but now you should all go and get rest," I commanded them gently.

Everyone apart from Bren, Macy, Dylan, and Mason went back to get some rest.

My fingers were drumming on my thighs in anticipation and worry.

"Amelia you should too take some rest. We are there and will inform you if anything happens." Bren said as he rubbed my shoulder. I shook my head. I won't be leaving Eros anytime soon.

"At least you could change from the blooded clothes that you are wearing," Macy argued but I shook my head in denial.

They left me at my state. And after a few minutes, the doctor came with a somber face.

"What happened? Is Eros okay?" I demanded, on the verge of crying.

He sighed heavily and said, "Alpha is fine. He had quite a lot of wounds that would heal soon enough but the amount of wolfsbane and belladonna in his system is too high. If you didn't heal it with your healing power then it would have been far worse and the chances of him surviving would have been slim." he paused. Pure rage and revenge ran through my veins. I will kill each one of those bloodsuckers. "Though the levels of both poisons are enough to make him succumb in a coma. Alpha is in a coma" he continued.

And my heart broke, all rage vanished and in its place sadness and worry took over. All I could do was stand there frozen.

"For how long would he be in a coma?" Bren asked with a straight face but his voice betrayed him as it broke towards the end.

"We don't know. His body needs to heal itself and hence the coma. It could days or even weeks. It shouldn't take too long as he has powers from being the King as well as being Alpha, so he should be healing at a very high rate than a normal werewolf. If you want, you can go and see him" He replied and then left us alone.

Macy saw my expression and immediately engulfed me in her arms. "Amelia, he will be fine I swear. Go and meet him, your presence would fasten the healing process." I nodded and robotically walked towards the medical ward.

There he was hooked to multiple machines, laying down on a bed with a peaceful expression on his face. I sat beside him and took his hand in mine. As soon as our skin touched, I broke down. I sobbed loudly. My wolf and I are too weak to think anything else. My wolf howled sadly at the sight of her mate in this condition. I laid beside him on the bed and placed my head on his chest with my body shaking because of my loud sobs. And soon enough I fell asleep with my head on his chest, tear stains on my cheeks and heart a little too heavy.

---------------

The last three chapters + Epilogue are left. Hopefully the next time I update all the last chapters would be live at once!