6: Taylor

While I was out with Cameron, he decided to help me make friends. I guess it helped because I have two of my own friends now. Not Nash's friends, my own.

Their names are Haylee and Ariel. Haylee has pretty blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and Ariel has dyed red hair with beautiful green eyes. She told me that her name being the name of the mermaid isn't why she dyed her hair red, and come to think of it, I don't think she even told me the real reason why she dyed it. Of course they both have beautiful, sparking blue and green eyes and I'm stuck with the dark chocolate brown.

Right now, I was group-chatting the two of them on iMessage.

Ariel- so i was just wondering if you guys want to go to the movies with me and Jake on Friday??

Me- Who's Jake?

Haylee- it's her boyffff

Me- oh sure I'll go I guess

Haylee- Me too!  Madilyn, we can be dates :)

Ariel- ok yay. see u guys tomorrow! ❤️

I walked down the stairs because I knew dinner would be done any minute now. What I mean my that is that the pizza will be here any minute now. Surprisingly, Nash didn't have one of his friends over today. Hayes was over at a friend's house so he wouldn't be here for dinner apparently.

"Hi Mom," I say when I get to the bottom of the stairs. She smiles at me and I note that she's in a good mood, so now would be the time to ask her if I can go to the movies tomorrow with my friends. "Can I go to the movies tomorrow?"

"Sure honey." she smiles warmly and I can't help but love it here. If I would still be with my dad, he would bombard me with questions. With who? Who are their parents? What movie? It's so annoying.

The doorbell rings and Nash runs over to the door, wanting to get to the pizza as fast as he could obviously.

~*~

The next day at around 7:30 PM I'm standing in front of my full-length mirror, debating on whether or not I want to wear this outfit. It's almost dark outside so I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and, don't judge me, but I may or may not be wearing Cameron's sweatshirt that I still haven't given back to him. It's not my fault, it's always cold in movie theaters and I have no clean sweatshirts. Oops. My long, dark brown hair was straightened and hung over the hood of the sweatshirt.

My phone buzzed on my bed and I looked at it to see a text from Ariel.

Ariel- we're here!!!

I tucked my phone into the sweatshirt pocket and walked downstairs, slipping my vans on next to the door. "Bye Mom!" I call before exiting the house and running down the steps of the porch. I get into the back with Haylee, Ariel sitting passenger with her boyfriend driving. "Hi."

"Hey Madilyn!" Ariel smiles happily and it makes me happy that she can be so smiley all the time. Literally, all the time. I haven't seem her frown once, even though I've only known them both for about four days.

Half way through the movie, I'm more uncomfortable than I have ever been before. Ariel may seem all quiet and shy and polite, but holy crap. I swear they haven't taken their lips off of each other since the movie started. Haylee seems used to it, though. But I'm disgusted. I lean over and whisper to Haylee, "Hey I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick."

She just nods at me without taking her eyes off of the screen. To be honest this movie is so boring and I can't watch it anymore. I've already ate the whole entire bag of popcorn and I have to pee so bad from the fountain drink I gulped down. I speed walk out of the dark theater and sigh in relief when I'm out of there. I start walking down the colorful carpet and on my way down, I spot Nash's friend, Taylor. He's with a group of other teenage boys and he looks bored. He's just standing there with a blank look while the rest of them are laughing and talking loudly.

He catches my eye and I wave at him with a smile. He doesn't return my smile, or even my wave. Instead, he looks away from me.

"Rude," I mutter under my breath as I walk past him. I accidentally brush his bare shoulder against mine and I walk towards the bathroom faster. If I learned one thing today, it's that Taylor looks really hot in a tank top. I take my time using the restroom and washing my hands because I honestly don't want to go back into that movie. When I walk out, Taylor is right there. Like literally, right there, in my face.

I jump back and a small shriek escapes my lips. "What the hell, you scared me!" I screech and Taylor smiles, but it disappears almost right away when he looks down.

"Whose hoodie is that?" he questions.

"Cameron's." I answer.

"Why are you wearing that?" he grimaces. What's his problem?

"It was the only one I could find," I half tell the truth, half lie. He rolls his eyes at me. "What's your problem? Are you on your man period or something?"

"No," he scoffs, rolling his eyes once again. Damn, he's hot when he does that. Wait what.
"I just think you would look a lot better in mine."