32: Ariel

ayyyeeee lmao

Madilyn's POV

It was finally Friday, and I was getting ready for my date with Shawn. Ariel was over at my house, putting together my outfit for me. Ariel is definitely way more fashionable than me, she always had the cutest outfits. Plus, apparently Ariel and her boyfriend Jake were coming with us. I wasn't sure how I felt about it when Shawn told me. I kind of just wanted it to be me and him.... but it's cool. Ariel told me that when Jake talked to Shawn, he told him that he was nervous for our date so he asked them to come with, and I thought that was cute.

"So do you think you and Shawn are going to like, start dating?" Ariel asks me with a knowing look.

"I don't know..." I smile, "I hope so."

"Yay! You like him a lot, right?" she grins at me, clapping her hands together. She's so weird.

"Yeah..."

"Good, I ship you guys." we both laugh and I pull on the outfit she laid out for me. I look in the mirror then. It was just a simple outfit, but it was still cute. She tells me to sit down in the chair in front of my mirror so she can straighten my hair. Neither of us talk for a while as she straightens my hair, and I text Matthew on my phone. He just told me that he was hanging out with Jack and Jack. I clenched my jaw as I reread the text.

Matthew: they're really cool and fun to hangout with. idk why you don't like them haha

It just makes me mad how he's going to be 'buddy buddy' with them when he knows what they did.. Like seriously Matt is supposed to be my best friend like he said. I text him back really quick before I shut my phone off.

To- Matthew: whatever

Yeah I know that was kind of rude but I'm mad at him so I might as well show it. I sigh to myself and set my phone on the desk in front of me, glancing in the mirror to see Ariel looking at me with an odd look. "You okay?" she asks and I just nod. "Okay, can I ask you something then?" she continues to work on my hair and I just nod again. "Haylee is wondering why you're mad at her."

I sigh, knowing she was going to bring this up sooner or later. Haylee, Ariel, and I are all best friends but I only just meet them and they've been best friends for years, so they tell each other everything. Sometimes I really feel left out when I'm with them, like a third wheel but that always happens. "I'm not mad at her."

Ariel just rolls her eyes, "Oh c'mon now, a blind man could notice the dirty looks you send her."

"First of all, no a blind man could not notice. Second, I have not been giving her dirty looks!" I protest, even though I know I give her dirty looks. I didn't know that she noticed them, though.

"Just tell me. Do you know about her and Cam?" she asks. See what I mean? Haylee obviously told Ariel what her and Cameron did.

"What do you mean? Do I know that they had sex at the party when I was the one who came there with him?" I roll my eyes.

She just rolls her eyes right back. She does that to me a lot. "It's not that big of a deal, you shouldn't be mad at her."

"Are you serious?! Okay, what if Haylee stole your date and you got left alone not knowing what to do?"

"You have a point.. but she was drunk." she points out and I want to roll my eyes again, but that's too much eye-rolling in a short period of time.

"Are you almost done?" I change the subject, hoping she's almost done straightening my hair. I have a lot of hair, and it's really thick, so it takes a while to get all of it done.

"Yeah, just hold on." She doesn't bring up the Haylee subject again for a while, but she does bring it up later when she's done with my hair. "You know you're going to end up being friends with her again, so what's the point of staying mad when you can just get over it? She said she was really sorry."

"She can tell me that then," I say flatly, plugging my phone into the charger.

"She has, a lot." Ariel reminds me.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow." I tell her, hopefully getting her to stop talking about it. She doesn't, she continues on with the subject.

"Don't tell anyone I told you this, but.. Haylee's always kind of had a crush on Cameron. It kind of hurt her when she found out that he liked you."

My eyes widen at the information. "She likes Cameron?!" I exclaim a little bit too loudly and she quickly shushes me.

"Be quiet! Your brother will hear and then he'll tell Cameron!" She whisper/yells. "And yes, she does.. she has since freshman year."

"Damn, really?" that's a long time. "Why didn't she ever tell him?"

"Because it's Cameron, he's really popular." She explains and I give her a blank look.

"I thought you and Haylee were like, 'popular' also?"

She shrugs, "Yeah, I guess we are."

"I really don't fit in this group." I laugh.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the people I hang out with are really popular and have a lot of friends, and I'm like the complete opposite."

"Well your brother and his friends are super popular, so yeah." she tells me. It's weird to think Nash is popular, because he's so weird. Well at least I think he's weird, but I love him because he always cheers me up. "Jake and Shawn are almost here, are you ready?"

"Yeah, do you know where we are going?" I ask when I stand up. I don't feel like bringing my purse today so I should hold my phone in my hand as we walk out of my room.

"Jake said we were just going to the movies." she says as we get to the bottom of the stairs. We're going to the movies.... okay then... I'm not complaining, but if we go to the movies that just means Shawn and I won't even be able to talk very much. "I think we're going to get something to eat after that too."

"Okay." I hope tonight isn't going to be boring, because for some reason I'm not that excited for it anymore. If it was just going to be Shawn and I, I would be much more happy.

.

DOING A DOUBLE UPDATE TONIGHT

the next update is gonna be in an hour or so! :)))

Comment if you think the date is gonna go good or bad! ;)