49: JOX

over 200 comments on the last chapter omg ily all tysm

btw, in this chapter I'm introducing new characters that will be in the sequel a lot more. just saying ;)

Madilyn's POV

"A party?" My mom repeats Nash's words, staring at him like he's stupid. Which he is. He just asked our mother if he could throw a huge party this weekend, for the end of the summer. That just reminded me that school was starting in just a couple weeks... Ugh.

"Yes, Mom. A party," Nash gives her an 'innocent' smile, and starts bargaining with her. "You, Sky, and Hayes can stay at Grandma's that night. Please?"

"Why don't I get to come to the party?" Hayes pouts from the couch.

"Because there won't be one." my mom answers, and Nash groans loudly.

"Someone always throws a party at the end of the summer before the school year starts, and everyone is counting on me this year!"

The idea of Nash having a huge party here excited me, but it also scared me at the same time. My brother shoots me a look, begging with his eyes for me to help him out. I help him out, half because he helped me with my boy situation and half because I kind of want him to have this party. "I'll be here when he has the party, Mom. I will make sure nothing gets too out of hand."

She gives us both a look, and I think she thinks it through for a moment. "I don't know..." she trails off, glancing back and both from Nash to me. "You haven't really done anything bad lately... and I'm a good mom... and I can count on Madilyn..."

"Yes or no, Mom? It's not that hard." Nash interrupts her but adds a smile at the end.

"Alright, fine. But your brother can come, and no alcohol! I'm serious, Nash. Don't let anybody have sexual intercourse in my house, and-"

"Yes, thanks Mom!" Nash quickly hugs her and kisses her on the cheek before she can finish. Hayes smirks to himself and walks up the stairs, and I just laugh and plop down on the couch.

-

"So when exactly are you having this party?" I ask Nash later in the day.

"This weekend, as in two days." He responds after letting out a sigh. "I don't know how I'm going to plan everything in two days. My friend Jacob said he would help me out, but I don't know if we can do it on our own."

"Is this you trying to hint to me that you want my help?" I eye him carefully, and he just shrugs with a small smile.

"Please help me?" he pouts, making me roll my eyes.

"Fine," I groan but smile at my brother anyway. We are outside, cleaning up the yard. Mom said we have to do all her house and outside work if we really want to have this party, which sucks. Neither of us talk for a while before I say something. "Who's Jacob?"

He smirks. "I had a feeling you would ask that," he says, laughing, "He's my friend from school, we hang out sometimes but not often. I'm kind of afraid what's going to happen when you meet him."

"Why? Is he a drug dealer or something?"

He laughs, "Far from it. I just don't want you to add another boy to your list."

I gasp, offended. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Nothing, nothing..." he smiles to himself and laughs at me. I decide to ignore my rude brother now and get this yard work over with.

-

"I swear to God Hamilton, this party better not get out of hand," my mother starts to say to Nash but she stops when I snort from behind her. Both her and Nash turn their heads towards me.

"Hamilton," I repeat, laughing.

"Shut up." Nash glares at me and my mother just continues to tell Nash her rules for the millionth time. I already know at least half of them are going to get broken by the first half hour the party starts.

"Okay, I'll most likely come home around four tomorrow." She kisses Nash on the head, then me, and lastly Hayes. "Oh, and take care of your little brother and sister."

"Okay Mom." Nash says, and she smiles at us, walking towards the door with Sky.

"Love you!" Nash, Hayes, and I all say at the same very moment, and she repeats it before leaving the house. I know once she gets to our grandma's house, she'll regret ever saying yes to this.

It's about twenty minutes of Hayes playing video games and myself laying upside down on the couch until the doorbell rings, neither of us move. We don't hear Nash coming down the stairs to answer it either.

"Um you gonna get that Hayes?" I ask and he shakes his head. I groan and stand up, heading towards the door and opening it.

He looked sort of familiar; I think I met him at Matthew's house not too long ago. "Hello..." I say slowly, looking at him. He has light brown hair and soft brown eyes to match.

"Madilyn, right?" he asks somewhat shyly, which I find cute in every way. I nod, and he says, "I'm Jacob."

I let him in just as Nash comes down the stairs. "Oh, hey Jacob. I see you've met Madilyn, my sister..."

He nods and then a girl with big curly hair follows Jacob into the house. She was beautiful; her outfit explained her whole personality. She wore a skirt with knee-high socks, and a jacket that said LOX in sparkly letters on the back. She also had cat ears on her head. I liked her already.

"Mahogany!" Nash hugs her and she smiles wide at him.

"Hey Nash. I came here with Jacob, but you have to go get all of my DJ equipment from the back of his car." She says and Nash nods and him and Jacob both go back outside to get her stuff I guess, so it leaves just me and her standing my the door. She looks at me. "Oh! You're Madilyn, Nash's sister! I'm Mahogany, also known as DJ Mahogany LOX." she smiles.

I smile back because her smile is contagious. "Let's pretend you asked me to help you pick out an outfit for the party, so Nash and Jacob will have to set up my stuff and I won't have to." she grabs my arm and I just laugh, the two of us walking up to my room.

"I could actually use your help on an outfit; I don't know what to wear." I tell her once we're in my room and she nods excitedly, already opening my closet. I could use a friend like her.

"So is Jacob your boyfriend?" I ask her as she flips through my clothes and I sit on the bed.

She snorts, "I wish."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that he's my best friend and that's all he sees me as. I've liked him for a while, and I'm usually straight up with my feelings towards guys. If I have a crush on someone I would just tell them, but for some reason it's different with Jacob." she sighs, turning away from my closet for a second to look at me. "Matt's my friend, and he told me that you were his best friend once, and he's kind of in the same position I'm in right now."

"What is that?" I wonder, but I think I might have an idea to what she means.

"Liking your best friend, it's hard. He likes you like I like Jacob."

It finally hit me that my best friend has feelings for me. Of course I knew that all along, but it never really sunk in that Matt actually liked me more than just a friend. It never hit me that Matt actually wanted to be my boyfriend. "I'm going to talk to him at the party tonight about it... is that a good idea?"

She nods, "Yeah, at least I think so. But what do I know about relationships?"

"I'm with you on that one." I laugh.

What do I know about relationships? Nothing, besides the fact that I can't keep one.

.

hey guys i'm sorry this was a boring chapter but it's only because the next one is going to be really long AND interesting because LAST CHAPTER OMFshsKSKKC and in updating tonight or tomorrow!!

are you guys excited for my sequel?☺️

oh and i need your help for who I should add to the sequel, like youtubers or anyone you can think of who you want to see in the sequel!

THANKS ILY