26: The Party: Part 2

Taylor's POV

"What is wrong with you?" Cameron puts his face in front of mine, glaring at me. If he's trying to start a fight here, he better stop now. "Why would you say that about Madilyn? Especially after you try saying you 'like' her." he puts air quotes around the word 'like' as if I never really meant it.

"Why do you care? Leave me alone, Cam." I roll my eyes and turn back to Aaron, who is giving me a confused look. "Come on, Aaron."

"No, you can't just get away with calling Madilyn a slut when she's not." He stops me by grabbing my arm and I shove him away from me.

"I didn't mean it!" I scream at him, an angry look on my face now. "I was hurt and I was just ranting to Aaron.. it slipped out. It's not like you're any better for her than I am anyway!"

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means she shouldn't be with you because you practically make out with every single girl you talk to." I tell him a little too harshly and he clenches his jaw.

"And you don't? You're worse than me! And I don't even do that anymore, not after she came along."

I roll my eyes, "Yeah, right."

"You're just mad because she doesn't like you back. Obviously you can't keep a relationship, or even start one with somebody." Cameron says to me and I almost punch him, but I couldn't because Aaron was holding me back. He knows me too well, of course he could tell I was about to pounce on this asshole. It's sad that I once called Cameron my best friend, and now he's being a fucking ass to me.

"Fuck you," I spit out, my eyes narrowed. "Let's go, Aaron." I say to my friend and we walk away from Cameron. He's acting like he could get Madilyn if he wanted, and I couldn't. Well I guess I'll just have to prove him wrong.

Matthew's POV

I close my door behind me after Madilyn and I enter my room. I watched her as she looked around, observing the things in my room. She was being really quiet for some reason, unlike usual. I could tell something was wrong of course, and I brought her up here so I could talk to her.. just talk to her.

"Want to tell me why you're being unusually quiet?" I ask her softly, walking over to my bed and sitting down. She glances at me and sighs, making her way over to sit by me. She sits on my bed, far away from my spot. It's like she's keeping her distance from me, but why?

"Well..." she trails off, her eyes roaming to walls instead of looking at me. She then let's out another sigh, this one deeper and louder as she finally meets my eyes in an intense look. "You're my friend, right?"

"What? Of course I am." I'm taken aback by her question at first. "I'm your best friend..." I whisper the last part, trying to prevent myself from blushing. Blushing is girly, do not blush Matthew.

"Best friend?" I could see her smile from the corner of my eyes, and I nod while looking at my hands. Yeah, I like to call her my best friend sometimes. One of them, at least. But I've always wanted to be more than that. It just seems like I don't get a chance with her. One minute she's on a date with Taylor, the next she's coming to my party with Cameron. When is my chance going to come along?

"Okay. Well, since you're my best friend I'm going to tell you what happened." she tells me and I nod, waiting for her to go on. "Well, you know how I went on that date with Taylor? Yeah well I kind of ran into Jack and Jack, did I tell you about them? I think I told you about them. Yeah, I did. So anyway, I went with Jack just for a couple minutes, but he kind of... kissed me, and I was so caught in the moment that I forgot about Taylor."

I look at her, confused, but still listening to her story. "Why did he kiss you?"

"Well we kind of had a thing in the past," she explains, shrugging, then starting to talk again. "But Taylor saw us. He saw us kissing, and he got really mad. He was yelling at me, but I didn't blame him. That was terrible of me, and I just feel like... a slut. That's what I feel like right now, and he hasn't really been talking to me. Earlier, before I came to find you, Taylor and that boy, Aaron, were talking. I guess Taylor called me a slut.. and even though I acted like one, it still hurt."

"Wait, wait, wait," I stop her, "Taylor called you that?"

She nods her head, a frown etched on her lips. "You're not a slut, Madilyn. You just made a mistake." She just shakes her head, wiping at her eyes. I hate that she's sitting so far away from me, I just want to pull her into my arms and hug her. "Come here," I say gently, opening my arms for her. She looks at me and hesitates before coming over and wrapping her arms around me. I hold her and we both stay quiet.

"I'm glad you're my best friend, Matt." she speaks quietly from below me, and I don't say anything. When she removes her head from my neck she peers up at me. I wanted to kiss her so bad to the point where I couldn't stop myself. So I did, I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. I kissed her, only to be rejected when she didn't kiss back. She pulled away from me as soon as it happened. "What are you doing?"

"Uh.... I was...." I don't have anything to say. What do you say when someone pushes you away after you kiss them?

"Matthew I'm sorry but I've already done this to Shawn, and Taylor, and probably Cameron.. I don't want to hurt anyone. Please, just.. I'm sorry. We're friends, Matt." she says before standing up, rushing out of the room.

I've been friend-zoned.

.

guysssssss omg

comment this for an update tomorrow ;)

team mattlyn

or

team taylyn?

^^^ if you answer that question I'll love u forever and probs update tomorrow if i get a lot of comments! :)