16: Holy Sh*t

"This is serious. What do I wear?" I asked my younger brother as he just sat on my bed, looking the most bored he's ever been in his life. I stood in front of my closet, throwing random articles of clothing at Hayes. I felt bad for him, but I had nobody else to help me. My mom was at work like usual and Sky was taking a nap at the moment.

"Why does it matter?" Hayes groans, throwing my clothes off of him.

"Because! I have no idea what to wear," I sigh, holding up a shirt I got from the mall the other day before shaking my head and tossing it to the ground. "If you were on a date with a girl, what would you want to see her wear?"

"Mads, I'm thirteen. I don't go on real dates. I hangout with them wherever my mom drops me off to meet with them, so I don't know."

"Hayes!" I glare at him and walk closer, standing in front of him now. "I'll buy you ice cream tomorrow if you just help me out."

"Really?" he asks, seeming to think through what I just said. I nodded, and he says, "Okay."

"Yay! Okay, just tell the truth. What look should I go for?" I surprise myself by freaking out over this type of thing. I've never really been on a date before. The only guys I have ever hung out with was the Jacks. I don't want to think about them, especially Gilinsky, because well, I'll never forget about what we had. But I have to, because I have a new life now and I'm moving on.

"Well where are you guys going?" my little brother asks me. He seems to be more interested in helping me now but I think it's because I'm buying him ice cream and he's pretending.

"Hm, I don't know. That never came up," I tell him. "I guess I'll just have to dress like I normally do, but just look nicer."

"Um, do you realize how you normally dress is sweatpants and some guys sweatshirt. How do you get so many boys' sweatshirts anyway? Do you like stealing boys' sweatshirts?"

"Shut up. I meant how I dress when I go out."

"But you never go out." He smirks, making fun of me like him and Nash usually do.

"Ugh, you're seriously no help." I throw one of my bras at him just to freak him out and he screams. Like, one of those high pitched, girly screams that boys should not make. I start laughing hard just when.. Shawn walks in. Wasn't expecting to see him here. I haven't talked to him since our little moment at the mall.

"Hey Shawn," I smile at the boy standing in my doorway as Hayes stands up and rushes out of the room, angry that I threw my bra at him. Lol.

I notice Shawn staring at my bra that was now lying on the floor and heat flames in my cheeks. I quickly throw like ten pairs of jeans that was lying on the bed over it to cover the black bra and look up at Shawn. "Um hey."

"Hey." He stepped into my room, looking around. "Why's your room a mess?"

"Just trying to figure out what to wear on.." I stop myself. For some reason I can't bring myself to tell Shawn about going on a date with Taylor. I wonder why? It's not like... wait.... I just told myself a couple days ago that I may or may not have a small crush on Shawn. But it's just a small crush, and it's not like the feelings are mutual. Plus now that Taylor has kissed me, I think the crush may have disappeared.

"On what?" he asks me.

"Uh, I'm going out with Taylor." I tell him the truth because he will probably find out if I don't tell him anyway, and then he would just wonder why I lied to him.

He looks hurt, "Like on a date?"

"I guess so." I shrug, looking away from his gaze. Why do I feel so bad?

"Why?" He asks then, completely throwing me off guard. I look at him again and he's frowning, and I know he can't hide it. He can't replace it with a smile. His sadness is showing, clearly to me and I can't stand it.

"Shawn..." I start walking towards him but he backs away, shaking his head.

"I don't get it." He whispers, almost making me cry.

"Shawn we aren't dating.. I don't see the problem." I say, even though I did see the problem. The problem was I totally played with Shawn's feelings. I led him on. I toyed with a cute, amazing, sweet, caring, beautiful boy's feelings and I hate myself for it. It was never admitted that we liked each other, but I could feel it, you know?

"Of course you don't." He says then, looking up to me with something else in his eyes. Before I could figure out what it was, he grabbed me and pulled me into him, slamming his lips on mine.

Holy shit.

Nevermind about my feelings going away.

.

Hey so I know I told y'all about the Taylyn date chapter going to be this one but i.... I lied. ;)

So ya

PLEASE COMMENT ❤️ this time, comment what you want to see in this story later on.

Please thank u ily bye

OH AND IM UPDATING LATEr aAFTER I FINISH MY HOMEWORK OK BYE SERIOUSLY NOW