34: Cameron and Shawn

Cameron's POV

It was around 10:30 at night and I was at Nash's house. Everyone in the house was sleeping except us and Hayes, but Hayes was up in his room playing video games or something like that. Nash and I were in the living room, sprawled out on the couch.

"Nash... Can I talk to you about something?" I speak up after a while of us just sitting there staring at the tv.

He looks towards me and nods, "Yeah of course Cam. What is it?" he uses the remote to shut the television off and puts his full attention on me. When I don't say anything for a while, he talks again. "Is it about my sister?" he asks and I nod, frowning down at my hands. He sighs, sitting up. "She told me what happened at the party."

"She did?" I ask him, lifting my head up again so I'm looking at him. I'm glad to have a best friend like Nash, someone I can tell everything to.

"Yeah, I can't believe you did that Cam." he says honestly and it doesn't bother me that he does because I deserve it. Madilyn was my date to that party and I completely left her in the dust.

"I'm sorry.." I sigh and it gets quiet for a moment. I can feel Nash's eyes on me as I stare at the wall.

"Do you like my sister?"

I nod.

"Do you like her friend Haylee?"

I look up, raising my eyebrows at him. "What's that got to do with it?"

"Well you hooked up with her at that party, didn't you?" He reminds me and I begin to think about it. To be honest, I haven't thought about it much.. I've hooked up with girls at parties before, so this time it shouldn't have been much different.

"Yeah, but it didn't really mean anything..." I shrug.

"I hate to break it to you Cam, but I think Madilyn really likes Shawn.." Nash tells me, reaching over to pat me on the back in a comforting way. I just stare at the ground as the door opens, and Madilyn and Shawn's laughter fill the room.

"Hey guys." I hear Nash say but I don't bother looking up. I don't want to see them together. I messed up. If I could go back to the night of the party I would, and I would change everything.

"Hey, is everyone asleep?" Madilyn asks and I see Nash nod from the corner of my eye.

"Well I have to go home... Bye Nash!" Shawn says and it kind of hurts that he didn't say anything to me. I guess it's kind of tense between us after I talked to him on the phone that one day.. Madilyn and Shawn walk outside and I finally look up to Nash.

When he sees the look on my face, he smiles sympathetically. "I'm sorry buddy," he says. "Want to spy on them?"

"No... can you do it?" I ask hopefully and he chuckles, going over to the window and peeking out the curtains a little bit. "What are they doing?" I ask while biting on my nails.

"They're just talking... wait, I'm getting something." he says and I laugh weakly at his weirdness. "Ew they're making out." he bangs on the window and I can see him mouth a 'NO' out the window. He turns around, walking back over to me. "I'm guessing you're staying here tonight?"

"Yeah," I reply. I don't really have to ask or anything because Nash and I always do this.

"Okay, I'm gonna go upstairs to change. I'll be right back." he tells me before disappearing up the stairs. Just as he's gone, the door opens again and Madilyn comes in from outside with a smile on her face.

She notices me sitting there and says, "Hey Cameron." and begins to walk towards the stairs but I speak up.

"Are you and Shawn dating?"

She turns around, "Why do you care?"

"Because I like you." I answer straight forward. I'm not afraid to say it, so why not just come out and say it?

She looks surprised that I said it at first but quickly shakes it off. "Are you sure? Because I think if you did like me you wouldn't have done that with Haylee at the party when you were supposed to be with me the whole time. Remember what you said? You said 'I'll be with you the whole time.' and then I was left alone." She stands there and waits for me to say something but I don't. "Goodnight Cam."

She turns around and walks up the stairs, leaving me down there alone. I sigh, staring at the stairs as I whisper a quiet, "Goodnight."

MADILYN'S POV

I can't believe that Shawn is my... boyfriend. He's my first boyfriend, at that. Jack Gilinsky doesn't really count as a boyfriend, because we never really made that official. I couldn't stop smiling after I got back into my room. Not even the conversation I had with Cameron could kill my mood.

I change into a pair of pajama shorts and Shawn's sweatshirt, throwing my hair into a bun before going over to my mirror, taking my contacts out and putting my glasses on instead. I pull on my favorite fuzzy socks and just as I fall down onto my bed, my door opens. Nash walks into my room and sits down on the other side of my bed. "So, what's up with you and Shawn now?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend." I smile, a small blush making its way onto my cheeks.

"And you said yes?" he asks and I Just nod. "So you and Shawn are dating.."

"Mhm." I smile again, just as my phone buzzes next to me and I pick it up to see I have a text from Shawn. I ignore Nash's gaze as I open the text.

Shawn: well goodnight beautiful ... i'm glad you're my girlfriend now :) i'll text u in the morning ❤️

"Are you going to bed?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I think so. It's kind of early but I'm really tired.." I yawn and he nods. leaning over to hug me.

"Shawn isn't the type of guy to ever hurt you, but if he does... just know I will be here." he tells me before standing up and leaving my room. Moments like these make me happy I have brothers. I shut off my light and snuggle under my blanket, thinking about earlier.

When Shawn asked me to be his girlfriend, I didn't know what to say at first. He began to tell me that he couldn't wait to ask me... and I just had to say yes.

"Before you answer, just let me do something..." he said before I even opened my mouth, and he cupped my cheeks, bringing his lips down to meet mine. I swung my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He kissed me for a long time, moving his lips against mine slowly before pulling away. "I've been waiting to do that all night.." He whispered, his forehead against mine. "So... will you be my girlfriend Madilyn?"

"Yeah, I will."