25: The Party: Part 1

TRYING TO MAKE THIS LONG SINCE I HAVENT UPDATED WHEN I SAID I WOULD

.

I examined myself in the mirror one more time before sighing. I don't know why, but I was a little nervous for Matt's party. I was going with Cameron... Taylor was going to be there... Shawn was going to be there too.

I still haven't talked to Taylor, and Shawn has been quiet towards me since he came over in the middle of the night through my window. Matthew was going to hang out with me too, which I was happy about because basically Matt is my best friend now, besides Haylee and Ariel. They are going to be there too I think.

There's going to be a lot of people there that I don't know, which I guess is good because I need to meet more people before the school year starts. The only people that I know for school next year is Matt, Cameron, Shawn, Taylor, Nash, Hayes, Haylee, and Ariel.

I shook away my thoughts and grabbed my purse, putting my phone in it and exiting my room. I wasn't wearing anything special, just a pair of ripped, high waisted skinny jeans and a cropped tank-top. My hair was in loose curls and cascaded down my back with its long length. I didn't look that bad. I was beginning to feel more comfortable dressing the way I wanted, without feeling guilty about what my dad would say. He couldn't control me anymore.

Cameron should be here soon, seeing as it is 9:12 already and he said he would be here at 6. Matt's party started at 9 but it's not like we have to be on time, there's probably loads of people there. I heard that Matt and the rest of Nash's friends (plus Nash) were pretty 'popular' at school.

"What time are you going to the party, Nash?" I asked my brother while he watched tv. He didn't even look like he would be going over there.

"Probably in an hour or so," he answered, glancing back at me as I looked out the window. "Why are you going with Cameron?"

I knew Nash didn't approve of me and Cam, even though we weren't even dating or anything. Nash told me that Cameron was 'too much of a flirt' and I would end up getting hurt even though Cameron is a great guy. To be honest he had a point, because I would hate to be with someone who flirts with everyone. But for some reason I don't think Cameron would be the one to do that if he was dating someone.

I open my mouth to answer him but I close it shut when there's a knock on the front door. Nash hops up from the couch and goes to answer it before I can. "Hey Cam," Nash says quickly before I can say anything.

"Hey. Where's Madilyn?"

I don't know if it was just me seeing things, but I swear Nash showed a hint of a frown before saying, "She's right here." and I step in front of him, smiling at Cameron.

He smiles back at me, "You look amazing.. are you ready?" he asks me and I nod before waving to Nash, exiting the house with Cameron. This should be an interesting night.

-------

I was right, there were a lot of people here already. And it's only like 9:30! I have no idea why I'm nervous, but I feel like I have a pit in my stomach. I kept thinking, what if Cameron leaves me at one point? He's bound to have other friends here, and he might leave me alone. I can't socialize with people!

"I'll introduce you to everyone I hangout with, so then you will probably be one of the cooler people in school next year." he smiles kind of cockily as he holds my hand and we walk up towards Matthew's front door. There were people outside as well as inside.

"Oh, okay." I say back. I don't really care about popularity, I care about having real friends.

Cameron opens the door and I'm met with... Teenagers. Lots and lots of teenagers. I feel so intimidated right now. It's not my fault that I'm afraid of people and socializing with them. This is why I don't leave my house.

"Hey, there's Carter.." I hear Cameron mumble to himself and he leads me over to a boy that was talking to a group of people.

"Hey Cam!" the 'Carter' dude says to Cameron and then looks at me. "Who's this?"

"This is Madilyn. She's Nash's sister, and Madilyn this is Carter." He introduces and and I wave shyly.

"Nash has another sister?" Carter asks, taking a drink out of a red cup. Shit, is there alcohol here? Why was I not prepared for this?

Cameron tells Carter that he'll talk to him later and we leave him. I feel out of place here for some reason, but Cam's hand in mine made me feel a little bit better. "Do you want a drink?"

"Uh, sure." I answer him, confused to if he's talking about an alcoholic beverage or just a regular beverage? What? Ugh.

"Okay... are you okay?"

"What? Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I ask him, confused. Yeah I was a little off at the moment but I didn't think it was noticeable.

"You're acting quiet." he smiles, nudging me lightly.

"Sorry, there's just a lot of people here that I don't know." I tell him half-honestly.

"Well don't worry because I'll be with you the whole time," he says, making me smile and nod at him. We walk over to where the drinks are and that's when I see Taylor. He sees me too, and we lock eyes for a moment. He looks away right after our eyes meet and I can't help but lose my smile.

"That's her?" A boy that was talking to Taylor says a little loudly to him, looking at me. I pretend not to notice and just stay behind Cameron. "She doesn't seem like a slut to me."

Taylor's head snaps up and he gives the boy the dirtiest look I've ever seen. My eyes begin to water and I bite down hard in my bottom lip to prevent them from forming. Taylor called me a slut, he told another boy that I was a slut. I don't blame him really, because I did something bad to him but it still hurts.

"Who's a slut?" Cameron turns around and walks up to the two boys. My eyes widen, I didn't think he heard them too. Although, whoever that boy was, he was making it pretty obvious they were talking about me. Taylor doesn't answer him and neither does the other boy. "Were you talking about Madilyn? Did you tell Aaron that she was a slut?" Aaron, the boy's name is Aaron.

"Cameron, it doesn't matter.. let's just go." I reach for Cameron's arm but he shakes his head.

"No, I need to talk to Taylor."  he persists.

I sigh, I really don't want to stay here and watch them fight. I turn around, searching for someone I know but I realize I barely know anybody. Taylor called me a slut.... that hurts. My eyes start to water again and I walk back inside, spotting Matthew right when I walk in. I sigh in relief and walk up to him, seeing as he's alone.

"Madilyn!" he smiles wide and pulls me into a hug. I give him a weak smile and of course, he noticed my sad vibe. "What's wrong? Did Cameron do something?"

"No, no. I'm just not in the party mood." I tell him, shrugging.

"You look like you're about to burst into tears." he tells me, looking at me with concern. "Come on." I don't question it when he grabs my hand and starts to lead me up the stairs.

-

HEY. GOING TO UPDATE PART 2 OF THE PARTY TOMORROW I PROMISE OK

CAM & TAY MAY OR MAY NOT GET INTO A FIGHT

OKAY

OKAY

UM

I almost got to 100 comments on the last chapter!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM LIKE OMFG

PleAse comment k thanks ily bye :)))