9: Back Massage

"What are you doing here?!" I whisper-yell at Matthew, who is standing outside of my front door with an innocent smile on his face.

"I was bored, and I was getting tired of texting you when I could just hangout with you."

I don't know what he meant by that, but I just let him in anyway. It's not like I want to be alone, I was getting too scared and it's way too quiet. He walked passed me into the living room and I shut the front door, locking it before I joined Matthew on the floor. Why didn't he sit on the couch, I don't know. He lays on his stomach on the living room floor, his cheek resting on the carpet as he stares at me. "So, what have you been doing all night?"

"Nothing." I say. Simple as that, because I have been doing absolutely nothing but texting four different boys all night long. Wow... I don't think I've ever texted more than one boy at once.

"Oh," he says, stretching his arms over his head and trying to crack his back. He flinches and squeezes his eyes shut, hissing in what seems to be pain.

"Are you okay..?"

"Yeah, I was just playing football with some friends and I really hurt my neck and back." He explains. Aw.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" I ask him cautiously and bite down on my lip. I'm so awkward and I'm about done with it. I need to be confident, that's why guys don't like me. I'm not confident.

"Uh," he clears his throat, and he seems to be contemplating on whether or not he should say something. Finally, he does say something, "you could give me a massage?" and he grins at me.

What? Oh. Oh... "Um okay but it probably won't help." I tell him honestly and he just smiles wider.

"Thanks Madilyn." Matthew sits in front of me with his legs crossed, and I stare at his back. I don't know how the heck to give a massage? Oh God, my hands are shaking. "Are you gonna do it or?" He chuckles and I mentally slap myself in the face.

"Yeah, sorry." I mumble and bring my small, nervous hands up to where his shoulders and neck meet. He tenses up when I touch him, but when I apply more pressure with my hands his body relaxes under my touch. I feel so weird. It's quiet and the only sound you can hear is the sound of our breathing. "Am I helping anything at all?" I ask him to break the awkward silence.

"Yes," he says and it almost sounds like moan. My heartbeat speeds up a little.

After a while my hands start to get tired of the rubbing and massaging so I pull them away.

"My hands are tired." I whine and then hear him chuckle.

"It's fine, I feel good now. Thanks beautiful." He turns around so he's facing me. My back is leant up against the couch as I sit cross-legged on the floor of the living room. It's dark in here, besides the dim lamp in the corner of the room.

"You're welcome." I smile, proud that I actually did a good job. Matt moves so he is sitting next to me, and our thighs are pressed up against each other's. "What do you want to do now?"

"We could watch a movie or something," he suggests, then yawns. "I might fall asleep though."

"What am I supposed to do with you if you fall asleep?"

"Come cuddle with me." he smiles cheekily, causing me to blush. I blush way too much.

"What movie should we watch?" I try changing the subject.

I decide to put in The Avengers because superheroes, duh. Halfway through the movie, I'm grinning because Captain America is so fucking hot.

"Oh my god he's so hot." I whisper to myself and my eyes light up at the screen.

"What, are you talking about Captain America?" Oh, Matthew must have heard me.

I nod. "Don't you think he's hot?"

"Do you think he's hotter than me?" he asked somewhat jokingly.

"Of course not," I reply in a sarcastic tone.

"Was that sarcasm?"

"Maybe." I giggle, keeping my eyes on the screen. I can feel his stare as I watch the movie. It was at the part where The Hulk was going cray. When I realized Matthew was still staring at me, I finally glanced at him in the corner of my eye. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"I just think the side of your face is really beautiful." he says and I burst into laughter. That may be the funniest thing I've ever heard, and by the sound of his laughing beside me I'm assuming he was being funny.

"You're so dumb." I finally say when my laughter dies down. He is still laughing and now his face is pressed into the carpet.

He stops laughing and breaths into the carpet, quiet giggles only coming from him now.

"I like hanging out with you, Madilyn." He tells me.

"I like hanging out with you, too."

.

Please vote & comment! :) MATTLYN❤️