Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Ben saw Rey when he was walking to sixth with red eyes, he tried stopping her in the hall but she brushed it off and kept walking

Ben: you okay?
Rey: fine I don't feel good
Ben: you wanna go home ? Schools almost out and then we have the ultrasound
Rey: I don't wanna go but we have to... it's on the mainland
Ben: okay... we'll go and come home to cook dinner .

Rey was really his home maker .
Cooking dinner even if she doesn't feel good.

Rey: can we just eat out or grab something on the way back ?
Ben: if that's what you want
Rey: k
Ben: meet me at the car after the school
Rey: k
Ben: we can maybe grab some food on the way there
Rey:k
Ben : have a good class 😘
Rey: don't use emojis
Ben: watch me 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Rey: I want a divorce
Ben: 👱🏼‍♀️ + 👱🏼 = 👶🏻💍🤰👰🏻🤵🏻
Rey: when did we change hair colors and when did you get a mustache ?
Ben: 🤷🏻‍♂️
Rey: I'm done ... see you after school
Ben: bye wifey
Rey: don't call me that
Ben: watch me 😎
Rey: 🖕

*

Ben and Rey drove to the doctors , she was silent the whole time in the car .

"You okay ?" He asked.

"Is it too late to back out?" She asked.

"Were almost here Rey -"

"No I mean the baby , you -" she said and Ben turned off the radio .

"Why what's wrong?"

"Nothing -" she began .

"Did someone say something ?" He asked angrily .

"No , no one did that" she lied to him.

"I swear Rey I'll kick their ass and Poe will help me , who the fuck said something "

"No one Ben ! Jesus !" She shouted "look I mean ... do you think I just slept with you because I knew you where rich ?"

"Rey what type of question is that?" Ben asked as he parked the car .

"A question I want you to answer" she demanded .

"It was a heat of the moment thing ... I mean if you wanted me just for money then you would have not said anything about a condom or not wanting your first time to be on the floor ... I know at the time you wanted me like I wanted you" he explained .

"Okay" she said and he rubbed her hand.

"Lets go in" he said and she nodded .

*

"Okay Mrs. Kenobi -" the doctor began .

"Solo" Ben corrected her . "Our last name is Solo, the baby's last name will be Solo... her name is Mrs. Solo" Ben smiled .

Rey rolled her eyes and let the doctor continue "okay Mrs. Solo ... you're how far along now ? 12 weeks right?"

"Yeah" Rey nodded as she laid down on the bed .

"So your little one is about the size of a plum ... its digestive system is working now , and it's too early to tell the gender yet... okay now mom , have you been feeling dizzy ? "

"Yes" Rey nodded and the doctor noted this down.

"Headaches ? Constantly going off to pee ? Heightened sense of smell ? Bloating and Gas ? Sore breasts ?" She asked.

"The headaches , peeing and bloating .... and the breasts" she said .

"Care then" she directed that comment at Ben and he blushed nervously .

"Okay now time for the show . She lifted Rey's shirt up and applied a cool gel to her belly .

"This won't hurt them will it ?" Ben asked .

"She and the baby will be just fine" and the she placed the wand on her belly.

Suddenly a bumping sound came throughout the room "what's that ?" Ben asked.

"That " she said and zoomed in on the  machine so they could see a squiggly little shape "is your baby"

Rey looked at the screen and almost cried "it's beautiful " Ben said and wiped a tear from her cheek .

"It's ours" she said not taking her eyes off the screen .

"I'll be taking that you would like some photos ?" She asked with a smile .

"Yes " Ben nodded ." Thank you"

"You're welcome , we'll see you in three weeks , get some rest, and your baby looks great, next time we might be able to tell the gender so start thinking of names... congratulations Mr. and Mrs.
Solo" she said and walked out.

Rey and Ben looked at the screen and she sat up. The image was frozen of their baby .

Ben wrapped a hand around her and placed his hand on her small belly , getting the gel all over but not caring . "Thank you" he kissed her cheek and she leaned back into him.

-A.N.-
Aww yeah ! They're happy ...
That's not gonna last long !
-joey