Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

          It was safe to say that Rey didn't wanna go to prom . Mainly because all the horrible girls would be there and she would be pregnant.

Ben begged her and begged her eventually she said okay, just to shut him up.

She was curling her hair when Ben was sitting on the couch.

The last time she had been this done up was her horrible wedding day.

*

"Okay I'm ready" Rey said , she came out in a simple black dress that helped conceal some of her bump .

It was flowy and it was simple. Black fabric went to her neck and shoulders , using a boat styled collar .

Her skirt was flowing and require some heels or else she would trip on it.

"Ready?" She asked Ben who was starstruck at the sight of her .

Her brown waves where curled and pinned half up half down with sparkly little pins .

Her makeup was soft with gentle eyeliner and no fake lashes to cover her beautiful naturally long lashes .

Her lips were a soft rosy color and she had a smile on her face "Ben?"

"You look stunning" he said standing up .

"I look pregnant" she said sighing.

"With our baby which makes you even more stunning" he said and cupped her chin "absolutely gorgeous"

"You clean up pretty well yourself" she said as she adjusted his tie.

"Oh" he then slipped a corsage of white flowers on her wrist "there"

"It's beautiful Ben" she smiled and he grabbed her hand "ready sweetheart?"

"As ready as I'll ever be"

*

Prom was in full spring when they got there , his hand holding hers as the party went on.

"BEN !" Poe said and walked over to them "Rey ? You look beautiful"  her brother said.

"Thanks ... my belly has gotten bigger"

"It's my niece in there huh ?" He asked.

"Yes ... Olivia" she said .

"She's never allowed to date ..." Ben added.

"Hell no she isn't. With me and Ben watching her she won't leave the house till she's 40" Poe continued.

*

"Dance with me ?" Ben said holding his hand out to Rey who was sitting down .

She grabbed it softly and followed his lead to the dance floor "I didn't get a good proper dance with my wife at our wedding" he said as they rocked slowly to the song.

"We where in a different place" she said and kissed his cheek "I think we're happier now"

"I can confirm that" he said and they danced slowly.

Rey saw two girls looking at her and laughing , she saw another couple girls snickering over her baby bump .

She buried her face in Ben's chest as the slow music roared throughout the hall .

She cried, as they danced . Ben didn't notice due to the loud music and their ever present height difference.

The song ended and she stormed away from him.

Ben followed her in a hurry and watched her make her way to a balcony .

"Sweetheart what's wrong?" He asked.

"Those girls !" She cried "they're laughing At me ... and making
Jokes about me and our daughter" she sobbed "boys are calling me a hoe behind my back ... earlier some guy said that he would
Open the door for me and get me a drink if I would suck him off in the bathroom because I'm so loose"

"Who ?"

"It doesn't matter -"

"Who said that Rey?" He asked .

"That kid ... Arthur Evans ... a junior -"

She watched Ben roll up his sleeves and walk to the dance floor .

She saw him punch Arthur in the face and yell at all the girls who had been mean to Rey .

He called them stupid little bitches who were angry that they couldn't be as happy as them and they will never in a million years be as good of a wife and mother as Rey is .

She grabbed him by the arm right before he was about to punch Arthur again .

She pulled him out with Ben still fuming and drove them home as he yelled and shouted about those stupid dicks and bitches that he called classmates .

-A.N.-

Protective Ben will always be my favorite Ben !

-Joey