Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

            Ben opened his eyes to a groggy room . He yawned and stretched , still connected to an IV of sorts .

"You're awake" he turned to see Rey, belly and all sitting down next to him .

"Rey ?" He said softly.

"I'm here sweetheart" she said brushing his loose black hair back.

"Why ?" He asked.

"Because my idiot husband was having a cancer screening and I needed to be here" she told him.

"Who told you ? My mom ?"

"Your dad and I'm glad he did" Rey admitted softly "you've been asleep for a while sweetheart"

Ben smiled softly "you never call me sweetheart"

"Well" she said fixing his blanket "get used to it sweetheart" she smiled .

"I like it... I call you sweetheart and you call me sweetheart and we'll call Obie sweetheart... that will be our thing" Ben said.

"Okay sweetheart" Rey kissed his cheek "the doctor should be in a couple minutes"

"Hello" the doctor said walking in.

"Hi... your must Doctor Farbar" Rey said standing up and shaking his hand .

"You must be Ben's wife" the doctor said .

"I am... how is he ?" Rey asked going back to her seat .

"He's ... were unsure ... we'd like to keep him here overnight ... and see by then ... he's been coughing and has a fever ... it doesn't look good so we'd like to double check"

"Okay, if that's what's best-"

"Rey" Ben said sitting up.

"Stop it Ben !" Rey said scolding him "if the doctor says that you need to stay overnight you're staying overnight , end of story"

*

"You were acting like a mom" he said when the doctor left and it was just the two of them.

"Ben what did you expect ? You're hurt and your cancer may be back... look I don't care if you don't want to be healthy but you will be for me and our baby Ben" she said sitting near him . "We need you"

"Rey-" he said and she kissed his lips softly "you'll always have me"

"Ben" she said with a single tear rolling down her cheek "we need you... now and forever"

"Baby" he said holding her face in his hands "its you and me ... Obie will have us both"

"Good... I count on you too sweetheart" she then kissed him again "do you want something to eat ? I can get you something better than this horrible hospital food ? Want do you want?" She asked her belly now covered by his hands "anything you want baby"

"Hmm" he said "I'd love a bacon birdied with cheese and a large sweet tea and fries" he said.

"I'll be back ... your mom is here okay? I'll be back" she kissed his lips again and walked out.

*

"Benny?" His mom said . He sat up and turned the volume of the television down.

"Hi mama" he said and she sat down near him .

"How you feeling bean ?"

"Okay... Rey went out to get me food" he said.

"I feel like just yesterday you were being discharged, them saying your cancer free" Leia said with a single tear in her eye "Papa and I are gonna stay in a hotel out here with Rey ..."

"Where's Papa?" He asked.

"Talking to Doctor Farbar ... " she said .

"Oh" Ben said and Leia kissed his cheek.

"Papa and I are gonna stay with Rey here until they discharge ... we'll take good care of her"

*

"Hey champ" Han said walking into the room.

Ben was alone "hey Dad" he said.

"How you-"

"If something ever happens to me promise me that you and mama will always take care Rey and the baby okay ? Always, if and god forbid I pass away and you and mama then pass please make sure Rey and the baby will be taken care of ... that Rey can go to school and the baby can go to school when she's older"

"I promise kid... you know mama and I would never let anything happen to them ... Rey's like our own child we love her "

"I do too... I love Rey with all my heart and I want her to be taken care of if something ever happens"

"Okay" Han nodded "Sony worry"

"Thanks papa" Ben said and ham hugged him.

Rey stood in the hallway with a smile on her face as she held Ben's  food in one hand .

He loved her

-A.N.-
We're paying a game called I wanna eat food !
-Joey