Time for a Change...Or Not.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---

A newborn, five pounds and three ounces, is brought into the world with a family who is sure to love him. He has potential.

A toddler, gets up, takes a few steps, and the falls back down. He looks ready to cry, but when the 9 month old observes his family, they are cheering and smiling and look so happy. He's happy too.

A child stands, an overly large backpack on his shoulders. He is already gaining those long limbs, the structured face. The child with blue eyes waits for the school bus. It's his first day.

A kid makes a friend, a friend named Hunk. They sit at the lunch table, deciding that multiplying is too hard. They eat green Jell-o, and they laugh. Second grade was the worst(est).

A boy breaks his arm, trying to impress a girl from his Math class. He toughs through the pain, his mother worries, he's got a cool cast. She signs it, so does Hunk.

A teenager screams at his Mom for what she's said, what she's done. Life is unfair, unfair! He doesn't see the tears in her eyes because he's too busy slamming a door.

The same teenager stands, engulfed in his mother's arms, crying. First rejection, no one loves him. But the only woman in the world that mattered loved him. There was that.

A nervous teen is shocked, surprised his mother had taken it so well. He was gay! And to her that had been more than okay. Unconditional love; his mother was the best.

A young adult stood, tears streaking his cheeks. No, no no. She couldn't be gone. His mother was gone; stroke they had said.

A newfound adult joins the academy, makes it into the Garrison. A father, a sour father, makes no word of whether he is proud. Just a nod, no goodbyes. His siblings wish him luck.

A pilot goes from cargo to fighter, and Hunk is there too. So is Pidge, whoever that is. A bond is formed. And then a ship crashes. That's his mission.

A curious eye finds his hero, and his enemy. They find themselves in trouble, and then there were lions. Blue, was what he called her. She had let him in.

A paladin is introduced to the princess, and a gorgeous man. A battle must be fought, and enemy must be defeated. Could he do it?

A fighter shoots the purple complexed monster, a Galra, barely capable of supporting himself. Keith cradles him in his arms, but that goes unremembered.

A man continues throughout a journey, one held with fortune, but also so much misfortune. He'd be injured, he'd lose a friend. He'd get stronger.

A broken voice would tell about a seventh wheel, about what lacked. He would keep the words to himself, and the Yupper of course.

That voice grows quiet in time. The enemy is almost defeated, they are almost there.

A reckless fighter throws himself into danger, he can hear his friends over the communication device in his helmet. Do they see what he's doing?

No they don't. No one ever saw. Heard.

A funeral is held.

A group mourns, but know that the universe must still be protected, there's a battle to win.

A gravestone sits in Earth. He had been taken here because even if they never listened they knew he would have wanted that.

A mother lays next to her son, once more.
_________________

Lance Charles McClain

July 28, 1996 - June 3, 2016

_________________

Rosanna (Rosa) Sonja McClain

January 16, 1963 - September 23, 2012

_________________