Last Page in the Book of Blue.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---

There are never such things as fresh starts, because the past will never leave you. It doesn't matter who you are, or what you've done.

It can be forgotten, that much is certain.

But never completely gone.

By logic, the past cannot be redone or erased.

What has happened has happened.

It can stop hurting, but the pain would still be there, always had been.

Like scratch, those skin cells are gone, but just because something else took their place doesn't mean they were never there.

Lance could start over every day, but the past would always be there. He left his family not by choice, and he would live with that.

That was the past, but also the present.

It was thoughts like these that had him sitting up at night, as he was now. Lance never thought of anything in particular.

He just... thought.

And here he was now, the blue paladin locked in a cell, huddled in the corner with his limbs cuffed.

Past mistakes, affected his present.

It wouldn't come as a surprise that Lance had screwed up yet again. Only this time on a much grander​scale than ever before.

The blue paladin had gotten himself captured.

By none other than Lotor.

Big mean man himself.

Lance winced, the thought of the despicable being and the touch his hand brought had the blue eyed boy thinking back.

It had been awful.

When Lance had first been captured Lotor was kind, and patient. He made offers with Lance and compromises.

But as Lance became more and more insubordinate, the purple skinned guy did not react well.

It started to get physical.

It started as just minor slaps to the face then those progressively turned to punches.

The kicks to his side turned into kicks to the side of Lance's head, his face, place of the like.

All of it got worse the more and more Lance refused to give information or to oblige to Lotor’s orders.

This was his last and final mistake.

And it was Lotor’s too.

Maybe his evil blooded self hadn't paid attention to how hard he was kicking Lance.

The toy he would break in an attempt to get it to work, but to no prevail.

Maybe Lotor hadn't realized just how much sir he'd restricted from Lance when his gloves hand had been tight around his throat.

The way Lance's eyes had bulged, dear coursing through him as he had expected death.

It never came.

Lotor had just ended up turning on his feet and sauntering out, angrily. Leaving his toy on the floor while he went to go throw a tantrum.

He wouldn't know until later that he had broken the thing. He had broken Lance.

Lance coughed feebly,  tasting the awful metallic in his mouth. He wheezed.

Something in his neck must have been screwed up because he couldn't find his breath. It all came up as blood.

He groaned.

Lance wished he still had his helmet.

He could stand goodbye.

Say goodbye to everyone, and apologise for not being the friend he could've been. A better Paladin.

Say goodbye to his family, and apologise for disappearing. At least now their thoughts would be confirmed and he actually would be dead.

Tears filled his eyes.

They were hot and messy despite​his pained condition  and they were sincere.

Lance thought about dying a lot.

So much that it would probably be concerning.

But now that he was here and the whole thing was actually happening? God he was scared.

So very very scared, and he didn't want it to happen. Lance wanted to be alive and not in this stupid place with stupid Lotor.

His heart skipped a beat and it scared the hell out of him because he truly felt that throughout his.whole body.

He had to look on the bright side.

It was an ironic thing to say since everything was going so very very dark.

Lotor couldn't hurt him when he's dead.

Lance would be free of the pain he had been forced to endure.

That's all Lance needed to think.

He turned on his side, whimpering softly and closed his eyes. It would be okay.

Dying was something everyone would have to face sometime, and it was inevitable.

Lance's favorite way to describe life was like a book. In this situation, all books came to an end.

His ending was now.

The book of coming to a close and these last few minutes were the final page. There was always anxiety when you got to the final page.

So many things could happen within one paragraph. Would there be a happy ending? Would it be a cliffhanger?

Lance felt his breath leave him, and a wave of warm relaxation fog over his mind.

What was the ending?