31DoHF: Chapter Six

I'm sorry it's so horribly short, I've fallen ill and writing a whole chapter is out of my zone write now ~_~
IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
----

When sleeping in a new place, or somewhere that isn't routine in recognition to your mind, it will try to keep you awake.

Have you ever stayed the night at a friends house for the first time, or in a hotel? That's what it is.

When you stay up and you can't sleep, that is your mind keeping you awake as a form of protection. Great, right?

But the funny thing about minds, is that as it tries to protect you, it keeps your head full of prospects of doom.

Hunk was out in moments after the movie ended, and Shiro followed soon after. There was a lot of excitement today for Hunk, and Shiro had a lot of adulting.

So it left Keith, Lance, and Pidge awake, sitting in a circle on some blankets and talking in hushed tones by light of the kitchen.

"I guess I have some walls up..." Keith muttered, wrapping his arms around his knees with a frown.

It was nearly three in the morning, and there's been talking for what felt like forever.

Like the times you stay awake late into the night and listen to the dark thoughts that drift in your mind, dampen your mood, and simmer till morning.

Except now, these three were not alone in their separate beds miles away from each other, blocks in Keith's case with Lance. No, they were inches apart, confiding in one another.

Pidge explained how she missed her father and brother, who had disappeared on a camping trip in Alaska nearly a year ago.

Keith stated his issues with his abandonment, and his problem with being angry 'sometimes'.

Lance was more reluctant to let out his true insecurities, keeping quiet as he listened to his loved ones first.

They always came first.

So the conversation went on, drifting between the deep things an the lighter laughs, anything to pass the hours that rocked away.

"It's cold..." Lance mumbled as they started to settle into their resting spots.

Normally Lances home was kept warm for the sake of it having horrible protection from the cold.

But for some reason, as the gang was huddle under blankets and fuzzy pajamas, it was like it had been turned to frigid temperatures.

It was a quiet night.
One that wouldn't last.