Don't Look Behind You.

It had consumed him for a long time since the incident had occurred. The memory took up every moment of sleep he tried to snag each night every day after it happened.

It left him waking up with a throat that hurt so bad at times from nightly screams, it was like he had swallowed glass.

Would his best friend really kill him, brainwashed by some sea monster or not?

You always see in movies friendship overcoming those sorts of things, memories stronger than any control out there.

Did Hunk and Lance not have worthy enough memories, or any at all?

Were they not as close as Lance felt?

He was sitting up in bed now, shirtless, panting as sweat glimmered off of his body. It had been another nightmare.

That's all it had been.

The blue paladin swallowed thickly, tossing the sticking blankets from his legs and taking a moment to cool off.

It was okay.

It was okay.

He glanced down at his chest, checking for any potential fists or implanted figures ready to explode from the area.

Lance stood out of bed, stumbling around for the lightswitch, a panic settling within him.

Have you ever stood out of bed at night, completely in the dark, and your mind panicked and thought of every potential, yet unrealistic threat that could creep out from all crevices?

Spiders that could crawl across your bare toes, crunch underneath a bare foot, etc.

Rolling out of bed, your legs dangling, and the countless of monsters under your bed ready to grab you?

Dark eyed and endless mouthed ladies, demons and devils, the creatures that lurk in the back of your mind.

Lances heart hammered, thinking of these monstrosities and the anxiety clenched his heart.

This is how he lived his life now, since the incident and since the nightmares had begun.

Paranoid, terrified.

Turning corners was a struggle, glancing behind him was a feat, and that was only the start of it.

He flipped the switch, nothing was there waiting for him except for his own demons.

When Hunk and Lance were stranded in some other undersea world, captured, and put under some of drug-like condition, leading to Hunk commanded to get Lance.

No doubt, kill him.

The look of no care or emotion, no feeling, from his usually very emotional friend, and the chasing, it hit deep.

Lance didn't trust anyone fully except Hunk, and now that was tarnished.

Could he even trust himself at this point? He had no clue.

He walked ahead, to the mirror he kept, sighing and glancing at it.

Ugh. Those dark circles were not going to get any better, were they?

Here is another query:

Did you know that if you stare at your own reflection for an extended period of time, your mind gets bored and creates the horrifying ‘ghosts’ that you see hiding there?

Thanks mind, Lance really needed that right now. Yet he stared longer.

He saw his face contort, he saw it melt and twist, saw blood and scrapes, the aftermath of what Hunk could have done.

Dark purple handprints appeared on his throat, and the Cuban boy felt like he couldn't breath.

The feeling consumed him, lips parting in an attempt to find air, a hand going to his throat to pull away nonexistent fingers.

Paranoid.

He wheezed, taking his eyes away from the mirror and tossed it, watching as it smashed to pieces against the wall.

The hands disappeared, Lance could breathe again. Thank god.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

It wasn't working, he couldn't breathe and he wasn't exactly sure what was real and what wasn't. There were seconds missing in his memory.

Was this the onslaught of a panic attack?

Something sharp was in his hand, the feeling of pins and needles in his palm.

He wiped his mouth.

Calm down.

Eyes up.

Calm down.

Rela---

He jumped at the sound of a knock on the door, and it slid open to reveal Hunk. Right on time.

“Lance? I heard glass brea---”

The yellow paladin looked down, at the glass shards that stared back up at him in multiple pieces.

On the bed, Lance felt the sharp lump of anxiety in his throat, silencing him.

He tasted metal in his mouth.

Lance made a choking sound in the back of his throat, and Hunk looked up in horror.

“Lance, no!!!” His eyes widened.

Blood dripped from the blue eyed man's lips, dropping into his lap.

“Hunk, I'm so sorry.” His eyes rolled back into his head and he fell back against his bed.

Hunk struggled with Lance, panicking. Tears pricked his eyes and he trembled hard.

“Sh...Sh…. SHIRO!!!!!!”

He couldn't believe what had just happened. What he had just seen.

Why would Lance do it?

Why did he do that?

Why…

Why did Lance swallow glass?