Sounds of Silence

*Warning: Implied death, harsh language, many swear words.*

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
_____________________________________________

They were all sitting on the dining hall, swallowing forkfuls of slime goo just to please Coran. Hunk was in the kitchen, though, making something a little more appetizing.

“Don't you guys have a space Taco Bell or something? I could really go for a crispito…” Lance sighed, setting down his utensil.

Shiro looked up, and Keith glanced at him and then to Lance. “Lance! That is rude. We love Coran’s space goo.”

Wow, a leader that lies. Typical.

Coran smiled, “I'm glad to hear it! Now excuse me, I'm going to see how Hunk is doing in the kitchen. And to wake Allura...” The mustachioed man walked off, eagerly, boots tapping on tile.

Lance had shrunken back into his seat upon Shiro’s scolding words. He hadn't meant to be rude. It was supposed to be funny.

It had been like that all day, if Lance thought about it. Sure, everyday he got his dosage of hate and snappy comments. But today, it's like a switch had been flipped and now it was time for their nastiest comments.

Pidge looked gloomily at her goo, casting the blue paladin an annoyed expression. “I've been researching possible viruses in the Galra system all day for a hack. Lance, if you could keep your unneeded comments to a minimum that'd be fantastic.”

She wasn't one to make such snide comments at her friend. Lance decided it was sleep deprivation that had Pidge acting in such a way.

“Oh, yeah… Sorry.”

He wasn't truly. In fact, if Lance was honest with himself, it was getting a bit too much for him. Lance hadn't been able​to do anything today without a comment.

Or being told to shut up.

The man's face reddened, jaw clenching. Did he really have to put up with that? It couldn't ALL be true could it?

Unless Lance really was just an annoying extra that everyone would be a lot happier without. A stressor that no one needed.

Angry tears built up at the corners of his eyes, knuckles white as they dug into his fork and gripped it. Maybe he'd just---

Shiro and Keith fell into light conversation, and neither the two of them or Pidge seemed to be bothered by it.

Hadn't he been chewed out for that merely 2 minutes ago? What the hell!

“---...around the North end...”

“Yes but---”

“---.... and when…”

Lance blinked, sitting up slightly and focused attention in his teammates. “Are you guys making plans for tomorrows assault? Coolz what's the plan? What do we nee--”

Keith gave Lance the most confused expression, which had malice behind it just to get at Lance's nervous. “Excuse me, were you apart of this conversation?”

Shiro only frowned, eyes looking over at the blue paladin. “It's just something Keith and I are discussing.”

He couldn't breathe, his throat had closed.

Maybe that was good, because then he wouldn't be able to speak. Wouldn't that just please everyone?

“Please just… try and stay quiet? This is important.” Shiro advised. The scarred adult started to address Keith, but never got to.

Lance was fed up.

He slammed his fork into the table so hard that the utensil itself bent at it's end, and his plate clattered. Bits of space goo made a mess of the table.

“Stay quiet? Stay QUIET?! I'll make you stay quiet. Why can't I speak huh?!” Lance said loudly.

“Back with dinn---”

“Shut up or I'll see your mouth shut for you! I'm sick and gog damn tired of being the silenced one around here! I deserve a say!”

Hunk started, glancing at Coran and the Princess who stood next to him. What had they just walked into?

“Sit. Down.” Lance ordered.

They were quickly in their seats, everyone unsure​of what was about to happen. One thing was for sure though. None of them liked the look in Lance's eyes.

Or the way he was panting.

“I've had ENOUGH! I'm so f*cking SICK of this bull sh*t you all give me every single gog damn day of my life!!"

Deep angry eyes set on the group. "I'm so done with being the pushover you all think I am! ‘Oh he's so happy oh he wouldn't care if I tell him every time he opens his annoy mouth to shut the fuck up!’”

Everyone's eyes were huge.

“I can speak with the right you all have as well!! I don't tell Allura to shut up every time she complains or says she can't do something! I don't completely ignore Keith when they go through they pathetic 'Blah I'm Galra, stay away’ phase! I don't tell Pidge to fuck off when they are bragging about their intelligence. But when I try? No shut up Lance, you're an idiot. I don't disrespect, I don't do anything to hurt you, I go with what you do!! What you say! What you think because 'you know best.' And you FUCKING know why?! Because I'm an actual decent person who has their own problems but deal with your problems because I care!!! And what the hell do I get....”

Tears were falling now, he could barely keep  a his words together. He was speaking so quickly.

“...I get shut up, no one cares, you don't make sense, you don't understand, you're stupid. Shut up shut up shut UP!” Lance made wild movements with his arms and hands.

Electric blue eyes scanned each and every one of the members of the room. “And you know what else? I regret every moment I ever put up with any of you. Because none of you bothered to put up with me like I did you."

With that, he shoved back his chair and marched from the dining area. Most likely off to his room. Lance frantically scrubbed at his eyes.

It was then that the other Paladins, Coran, and Allura were able to completely​see what they had done to Lance.

How could they have done that to him?

The next thing they heard was the sound of Lance's bayard gun going off.