Safe Places.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---

Lance looked around at the accusing glares of his teammates, all different intensities. He smiled nervously, "Oops."

They had been mapping out locations in the observatory of safe planets to land, or easy places to wormhole, in the case of an attack that needed quick escape.

The team had been at it for hours, and had over 120 spots pinpointed over multiple galaxies.

Lance, who had found the entire ordeal quite boring, had strolled away to check out the little holograms floating around.

He couldn't help that it was hard for him to pay attention, ADHD did that to a person. Focusing just wasn't his gig.

The blue paladin had started across the other side of the room, hands in his pockets and he just looked.

Until he thought he found Earth.

He should know what it looked like, he stared at its little hologram nearly every night.

Lance missed home.
He missed the people back there.

Without much thought, Lance reached forward to zoom in, a happy little smile on his lips.

Home.

Look at it, just right there---

"Aw, what the heck?!" A chorus of shouts came from behind and Lance jumped.

He turned to see the team staring at him, looking annoyed and tired. "Hm?"

Pidge motioned frantically to the hologram around them, "Lance, we lost our spot! We lost our points!"

Lance blinked, "...how?"

Keith groaned, "Idiot, because you were screwing around with the screen!"

Lance frowned, looking back at Earth, and saw how zoomed in it was and how the constellations and stars around him had changed too.

Oh, he didn't think that one through.
Lance looked back at them and smiled nervously, "Oops?"

He was answered with grumbles, and a yawn from Hunk. They were tired and now were too frustrated to get significantly angry.

"Let's go to bed, we can start again in the morning." Shiro said, rubbing his forehead. "You too Lance."

Lance rubbed his neck, looking at the ground as the team and the Altean duo walked past him.

He grunted when Keith bumped into him, "Watch where you're going, Lance." The red paladin spat.

Lance frowned.
Keith was the one who bumped into him!

"Oh yeah, mull---"
He was alone in the observatory.

He took a shaky breath, watching the doors close behind his friends, and sulked.

Great.
He had annoyed them all, again.

Why could he just keep his hands to himself? Look don't touch, his mama had always said.

Lance sighed, arms coming up to pull up his hood and put it over his head. A safe place, where he could only see forward, and no one could see him.

Hoods were nice.
When you can only look back at your mistakes, they allow you to dream ahead and block out any side distractions.

It was a new world, your own world, and provided the blue paladin with a sense of security.

Safe.

He sat down, back in front of Earth, letting it float nearer to him and he watched it carefully.