Not What It Seems.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
Lance was stuck.

He didn't mean in the sense of stuck somewhere physically, but instead mentally. You're familiar with the feeling.

The feeling of all sense of motivation just drained and stupidity clouding the farthest reaches of one's mind.

It could manifest for hours and leave you sprawled and unable to do anything but nothing.

It sucked.

Lance understood that, and at the same time hated himself because there were people he was letting down.

The team.
The universe.

He heard his teammates calling for him to get up and get to the training room. Lance could hear their annoyance as they had to wait.

But for some reason Lance kept laying there and wallowing in his own thoughts.

Damn.

He rolled over and rubbed his blue eyes, the paladin letting out the millionth sigh of the hour.

Just get up.

Train.

But it was so much harder to get up and be active and try and distract oneself when you could just lay and think and wallow.

Right?

Lance missed home and he missed the people that fell into the category of home.

Trust him, he knew he had a family here.

Allura and Shiro were like big siblings.
Coran was like a father.
Hunk was still his friend.

Keith and Pidge were too.

But it wasn't the SAME, and the blue paladin's homesickness grew and grew.

Until the point it grew into a real sickness.
At first he was just sick on the head.

Then the thoughts manifested and anxiety grew and depression itched at his inner workings.

He would throw up.

All of the knockin on his door and the angry voice ceased it's yelling.

Lance had thrown up, huddled over the side of his bed and wheezing. This was such a Hunk thing to do.

He looked away as his door opened quickly and it was Coran who stood there at his rescue.

The mustachioed Altean had his eyes wide, "My boy, what's the matter? Have you caught a bug?"

Lance rolled over and away from his mess, cringing. Why hasn't he been able to stop that or at least control it?

"I'm sorry." He mumbled, rubbing his sweaty forehead with clammy palms.

Coran shook his head, "I will clean it, have no worry." Lance's head reeled with how quickly and efficiently the mess was cleaned.

"Coran! We are waiting on you and Lance in the training room! What are you doing?" Allura voice sounded over the castles speaker system.

Lance slowly got up, starting to fumble into his armor with a dull expression.

Coran frowned.

"We'll be down in a few ticks, Princess!"

When silence followed Voran walked up to Lance and set a gloved Hand upon his shoulder, eyes concerned.

"Lad, are you alright?"

Something twinkled within Lances blue eyes that was just barely there. A glint.

Of course Lance wasn't alright.