31DoHF: Chapter Seven

First 1/4 written by @langstdreams, from the beginning to when Lance asks of Keith is okay.))
IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
---
When Lance had woken up, he had done so with soft whispers dancing around him. Recognition was not currently available in his sleepy state, his hair tousled and arms aching.

The angle he had fallen asleep in was not a comfortable, needless to say. His right arm was tucked under his torso and his left was hanging off the couch.    

"Oh! You're awake," someone spoke up, the sound almost muddled to Lance's ears. The teen turned and craned his head around to see who had spoken, eyes clouded with sleep.

Hunk was sitting next to him, a bright smile on his tired looking face. Pidge was still sleeping on the ground where she had evidently fallen off from the couch.

The smell of ground coffee was wafting in through the kitchen, the small gurgle of the coffee machine also brushing Lance's ears.

"G'mornin' Hunk... what time is it?" Lance slurred quietly, the Cuban finally noticing Shiro who was sitting in a chair, phone in hand and a confused yet also concerned look decorating his face.

"Eh, only around nine. Keith's making coffee in the kitchen," Hunk whispered back, the older teen humming softly as he picked out clothes from his duffle bag.

A small shout came from the kitchen, the noise alerting everyone in the living room, including Pidge who had shot up from the floor with a gasp.

Lance's heart was racing as he scrambled to the doorway, Shiro, Hunk and Pidge right behind him. Standing in front of the sink with a scowl was Keith, the faucet running.

"Dude you okay?" Lance asked, quickly entering the or hen to check on his friend.

The boy with the mullet nodded, "U-Uh, yeah. Shit...." He held his hand under the faucet, wincing a little.

"Did you burn yourself?"

At this point the group of friends had gathered into the kitchen wearing worried expressions and raised brows.

"Yeah, the pot just... I dunno, I was reading the coffee instructions and reached for the pot and suddenly it wasn't on the stove anymore and I just..." Keith groaned at his clumsiness. "I touched the stove."

It wasn't funny, and normally Lance would have made a joke about Keith being clumsy or how that's why he should have fingers on those gloves, but he didn't.

"I'll get you the ice glove. Trust me, it works. My mom made me this because I liked to play with Dads lighters and burned the hell out of my fingers." Lance said.

As he disappeared for a moment or two, Shiro and Hunk sat at the dining room table and Pidge started on heating up frozen waffles and getting everything for cereal.

"Ew, almond milk..."

Lance came up behind her and nodded, "Yeah that's my Mamas favorite. I think it's gross."

Hunk started to chuckle through a mouthful of heated waffles, "Remember that one time you tried it at the store, and you asked the lady for normal milk?"

The Cuban boy's face lit up bright red as he helped Keith put his glove on his injured hand. "I didn't know the normal for that brand was almond!"

Everyone had a good laugh, and breakfast started to come together nicely. For a bunch of teenagers that is.

There was a plate stacked high with the heated contents of a whole box of waffles, a box of cereal, and coffee to go around.

They felt on top of the world with a breakfast for for kings and queen.

Conversation fell lightly amongst them, everyone still waking up or too busy stuffing their faces to be very loud.

That was, until, the adult at the table spoke up, having been unusually silent after looking at his phone this morning.

"Lance?"

Hearing his name, Lance looked up mid bite of waffle, ignoring the cereal his mom had bought him for now. "Yeah?"

Shiro stared at him for a moment, the scratched his neck and glanced to his phone once more. "Your phone is lost right?"

Lance groaned at the reminder of the lost device, setting down his fork and nodded, rubbing his hand over his eyes. "Crap, yeah. I spaced that completely..."

Everyone glanced around to each other. Pidge looked at Hunk, Hunk looked to Keith, and Keith glanced to Shiro and then Pidge.

Shiro nodded once, looking like he had paled a shade or two in a few seconds.

"Why do you ask?"

The man picked at a peeling chip of paint on the table, metal making a light squeaking sound that was only faintly annoying.

"Well, I woke up this morning and I had uh..." How was he suppose to word something that sounded so crazy?

Out of all of them in the room, everyone stopped eating except Hunk, who hadn't quite caught up to the conversation.

"Shiro?" Keith questioned.

"Are you okay, man?" Pidge asked.

They knew Shiro had PTSD did from events in his younger years, and they were never really sure when to expect an episode out of him.

Was that what was going on?

Shiro swallowed hard, then closed his eyes and let the suspense come to an end. "I checked my phone and there were messages...or well, missed calls actually. Three of them."

Eye were on their friend.
Shiro opened his eyes and looked up.

"And they were all from you, Lance."