Piano Man.

Song Used:
Clocks by Coldplay

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---

Slender fingers worked their ways across keys at different intervals.

Loud sound, staccato and abrupt sounded from the interworkings. To do what?

To make something beautiful.

Tan slender fingers slid and tapped and stretched across key after key, black and white alike.

Lances head was bowed and his arms shifted as his hands did their thing.

A beautiful sound.

A light hum came in the throat of the blue eyed boy and he felt a calm thing ease through him.

A beautiful voice filled the air.
Even and clear, soft.

"Lights go out and I can't be saved, tides that I tried to swim against..."

A gasp sounded around the family around the pianist and he felt a familiar smile splay across his face.

Here we go.

"Have brought me down upon my knees. Oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing..." Lance is voice was soft and smooth, carrying about the room.

His friends and family alike stood in awe.

The family had grown up with Lances voice and his friends were hearing it for the first time. Yet each were still in love as if it were the first time hearing it.

To hear the voice was something for all to enjoy. But Lance?

He loved the sound of the piano.
The intelligence the sounds it had were so beyond his fingers and his minds intellect.

It killed him when he lost his hearing.

Lance started to notice that he wasn't hearing things as well as he used to after he got in a minor accident that left him with head trauma.

He was fine overall, it was nothin serious at the time. But since then he's had issues hearing.

Lance went to his friends about it but they just assumed it wa from listening to music or that the piano was too loud.

When the blue eyed boy woke up one day and couldn't hear a thing, he went to the hospital.

The nerve fibers in his inner ear had been damaged in his accident months back.

Lance was deaf.

He lost the ability to hear something that had been his coping mechanism, his dedication, since he was 7 years old.

The boy couldn't hear his own voice to sing or the sounds of the led he played.

Sure, he knew their sounds by heart and the chords to play as well, but to be unable to hear it...

Music was such a big part of the boys life and for it to be suddenly taken away from him was heartbreaking.

He fell into a depression.

Lances friends and family offered to donate money for surgeries or hearing aids but none of it would truly be the same.

This wasn't curable.

To live the rest of his life without music...
To take away the boys passion...

In time he would go mad.