Easter Special.

*Religious References*
IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---

Lance recalled Easter Sunday, or Domingo de Pascua, at his house as a time to be cheerful, and full of energy. A description that matched the boy perfectly.

If he were to be asked on a personal level, Lance would admit that Easter was his favorite holiday back on Earth.

More so than Christmas, Halloween, all of it.

Easter in the McClain household was that of a spectacle. Especially with as many kids running around as there were.

Lance could remember waking up Easter morning, bright and​ early. The little one would look out his window at the crack of dawn until nearly noon daring a glance for the rabbit that would bring his goodies.

He never caught sight of it, darn thing.

Lance would always be the first downstairs helping his Mama boil eggs for the large family to dye later.

He had never seen so many eggs in his lifetime. It was quite a sight.

The rest of his childhood Easter experience was pretty stereotypical. The prior Holy Week was spent on a vacation, and then on Sunday the Easter began.

Lance always really liked the fireworks and fiesta that followed. He had never understood religion, but knew that this was a holiday to celebrate Jesus’ Resurrection.

Now that he was in space, away from his biological family and with his 'new’ one, Lance wanted nothing more than to be able to share this experience with them.

For all he could see, none of the other Paladins were aware that the holiday was upon them.

Lance was especially excited to introduce the holiday to Coran and Allura, who weren't accustomed to such things.

And even if they were, they didn't show any signs of knowing today was the day either.

Lance had been up all the next night, freezing space goo into egg shapes, making rabbit ears, and even had the mice dress up a little.

Lance had stashed some interesting space candies from a trip to the mall about a month ago.

He didn't​ mind sharing what he had left, just for this occasion.

The Paladin even had a little piece of chocolate from the Earth store, which he decided would be in a 'Golden Egg’ sort of deal.

The boy was so excited, there was no sleep to be had. There was too much to do!

When morning came, Lance was exhausted. He hadn't slept a wink, but was still able to maintain his energy.

He had hidden the little space goo eggs all throughout the castle, and had even devised a game with teams out of it.

Keith and Coran.

Allura and Hunk.

Shiro and Pidge.

The perfect, most unlikely teams.

It would bring everyone closer too, he hoped.

There would be a mouse assigned to each team, keeping everyone in check and dropping subtle hints here and there.

Whoever had the most eggs, or found the Golden Egg, by the end of half an hour would be deemed the winner.

Campeón Oficial de Pascua!

Lance was bubbling. To say the least.

As he started to hear his friends and teammates moving around in the castle, he decided it was time to let the festivities commence.