Frozen Serenity.

IG: shakesqueerbooks
Tumblr: writinglangst8703
---
Lance walked along the hallway on light feet, a pair of ice skates dangling in his hands.

One night.
That's all he needed and then he could hold out for a little longer.

He wouldn't tell anyone.
Ever.

Lance had left the training room to freeze for a few hours, as he had been doing for about once a months for eight months now.

It was a coping mechanism.
There had been another fight.

With everyone on edge because of the battle raging on throughout the universe, there was bound to be tension and shot nerds in the castle.

Lance tried to help.
He truly did.

The blue paladin would crack a joke here and there, try and boost everyone's spirits.

Today he had tried to initiate a lion race while they were out patrolling, but had only managed to nearly get everyone caught.

He hustled wanted to lighten the mood.

To allow everyone to take a load off from the stress of literally the entire universes war.

When they got back Shiro made sure to give him the lecture of a lifetime. And not to forget that Keith had to put in his two cents.

"Why is he even in the team?! We've been at this war for months, it should be won by now if it weren't for his screwing around!"

Even Hunk wasn't speaking to him now.

Lance felt warm tears well.
Forget about it.

For now.

He turned on the lights to the training room, watching the previously dark room illuminate with a dull light.

Lance sighed, his breath billowing out in front of him like a huffed cigarette and he let the cold sink in.

It felt nice. Familiar.

He went to the wall and slid down, siting on the ground to carefully pull on his skates.

Lance felt a serene blissfullnes fall over him as he put them on and a small smile formed.

He could forget about his insecurities.
He could forget about Shiro and Keith.

He could forget about this god forsaken war and everything that came with it.

Relax.
Breathe.

Close your eyes and...

For hours Lance twirled and glided across the frozen ice arena that the training room had turned into.

He forgot about everything and focused on the calm and the ice.

Lance kept his eyes closed and arms extended as his mind took him back to the rink back home.

Relax.

The blue paladin went at it for hours.
When it was time to be done he turned off the freezing mechanism to return the room to normal.

Lance walked down the hallway back to his room on light feet and ice skates in his hands.

Breathe.