JuminxReader ~ Working For My Soulmate

~Soulmate AU Series~
AU: Everyone has a clock on their wrist the counts down the time until you meet your soulmate.

Your POV:

Today was my first day filling in for Jaehee Kang at C&R, Jumin Han's assistant. Jaehee was a close friend of mine. Recently, she has become entirely to sick to attend work, so she requested for me to fill her spot for a few days. I couldn't refuse since she felt almost like a big sister, in a way.

I had to be at the C&R building at around 7 am. It wasn't that far, but would take me thirty minutes to get there, without traffic.

Before leaving my newly bought house, I checked to make sure I have everything I need for the day. The only thing I was missing was a lunch, but I'll just leave the building during my lunch break. I check my phone, and see that it is 6:15. While checking my phone, my sleeve falls slightly from my wrist, revealing the timer that was supposed to tell you how far away your soulmate was from you.

[0 days, 2 hours, 15 minutes, 35 seconds]

For the past few days it read between 2-4 hours. I sighed, but then realized it is now 6:16. I can't be late on the first day I am working for Jaehee, so I quickly walk outside, lock my door, and head to the C&R building.

~~~~

After arriving at the C&R building and checking in, I was given directions to Jumin Han or Mr. Han's office. As I walked through the halls, I looked around and saw many people working non-stop.

It felt like forever, but I finally got to Mr. Han's office. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, I heard Mr. Han's voice yell 'Come in'. I opened the door and walked inside. Mr. Han was sitting at his desk, so I walked over to it.

"Good morning, Mr. Han. I'm (Full/Name), filling in for your assistant Jaehee Kang." I announced, a little nervous.

"Good morning. The papers that are needed to be filled out are over there. They should not take you very long to complete. Assistant Kang's office is next door, you can work there." Mr Han replied, motioning to the medium size stack of papers.

"Yes, sir." I answered.

I walked over to the papers that were sitting on the corner of his desk. To the eye, it looked to be about thirty or so papers. Careful not to drop any, I gently pick them up and walked out of Mr. Han's office.

With my free hand, I open Jaehee's office door. Everything in the office is color coded and carefully placed.

"Definitely Jaehee's office." I mumble aloud to myself after shutting the door.

I place all the papers down on her desk with my things off to the side. With a sigh, I start working, hoping to finish all this work today.

~~~~

My shift was now close to being finished, and I just now completed every one of the papers Mr. Han gave to me at the beginning of the day. I let out a sigh of relief, and pick up the bottle of water I had next to me to take a drink. Hoping everything I wrote down is correct, I gather all the papers, and bring them to Mr. Han's office.

After getting the 'come in' from Mr. Han, I walk inside his office.

"I finished all the papers, sir." I say.

"Put them over there." Mr. Han orders, motioning over to where they were this morning.

I do as I am told, but I can't help but notice he looks stressed.

"Are you okay, Mr. Han?" I ask, hoping I can do something to help him.

"I'm fine. I'll have another stack of papers for you tomorrow, Good night." He says and pulls up both his sleeves to his elbows.

Just as I start to leave, I notice the timer below his wrist, and stop as all the numbers are 0's. Looking around his office, I see no one else is here but us. My heart feels like it's beating out of my chest, but I stop myself and check my timer before I get too ahead of myself.

[0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds]  

I freeze, not knowing what to say or do.

"Miss. L/N?" He asks.

I hesitantly look up, scared to tell him.

"Y-Yes, s-sir?" I reply.

"Let me see your arm." He orders.

I walk back to his desk, and let him look at my arm. He stares at my timer for a few seconds, then looks at his. Suddenly he lets go. I watch as he makes his way to stand in front of me.

With his tall figure in front of me, I wonder if he is okay with being soulmates. After a few seconds, he wraps his arms around me, and pulls me as close as he can.

My eyes widen at his sudden movement as my face flushes red, but I hug him back.

"Call me Jumin. Okay?" He states.

"Okay. You should call me Y/n, then." I reply, smiling.

"That's fine with me." Jumin answered.

We stay in the embrace for a few seconds more, but Jumin's phone started to ring. He sighed, as walked to his phone and answered it. Him and the other person exchanged a few words before they hung up.

"You should get some sleep, it's late. I'll see you tomorrow." Jumin suggested.

He walked back to me and pulled me into a quick hug, that I returned.

"You should take some of your own advise too, Jumin. You look tired." I replied and kissed his cheek before walking out.

~~~~~~~~
A/n: 
I hope you enjoyed reading!
Remember requests are always open.