JuminxMaleReader ~ Caring For You

Requested by: Yukii3411

A/n: Feel free to change some of the pronouns around if you would prefer to read this in another way. (Not saying you can't do that for other oneshots, but I just wanted to put this here)

Your POV:

Today is my first day working in the hospital with a doctor for experience. My college professor suggested that since I was in the top of my class, I should get the chance to actually see what goes on during a regular day working in a hospital and even get to help the doctor that I will be following around. My professor also suggested for a few of my other classmates to go work at the hospital with me, but they would be assigned to another doctor, somewhere in another part of the building.

Being a college medical student isn't easy. Once classes are over you barely have enough time to sleep or even eat because of the constant, looming exams that are coming up, causing you to have to study twenty-four-seven. The main reason for me taking this opportunity is not only to get the experience, but to get away from campus for awhile.

I walked into the local hospital and to the front desk. It's 7 o'clock, and there isn't many people waiting in the lobby. I guess that's a good sign.

This hospital has a lot of big windows all over the place, so it makes seem not so closed in. The walls are painted a regular white, accompanied by a few pictures that are of ways to be healthy. The chairs in the lobby stand side by side, almost all of them are unoccupied, and they are the kind with the comfortable seating, not the hard wood kind.

As I walk to the front desk, I notice there is a female doctor walking out from one of the doors, that leads into the patient rooms and other rooms, and over to one of the ladies at the front desk. The front desk ladies are eye catching with their brightly colored scrubs, but none of them are my type. The doctor says something to the lady with pink colored scrubs and light brown hair, but I am unable to hear any of the words spoken. The lady looks over to me and smiles, nodding to the doctor. Suddenly the doctor turns around to face me and smiles.

"Y/n L/n?" The doctor asks, walking over to me.

I nod my head at the doctor and question to myself how she knows my name, then I remember my uniform, that was given to me by my professor, has my name on it.

"I'm Doctor Kim," the doctor greets me with a bright smile. "Your professor called the hospital a few weeks ago, asking if he could send his top ten students over here for a few weeks to get a true experience of what it is like to work here at the hospital."

"Yes," I nodded. "He told us."

"Well. What we did was assign each of the ten students to a doctor here at the hospital. They each will follow around the doctor, getting a true experience of what it is like here. You, happen to be assigned to me."

I smile and nod at Doctor Kim. In a way, it kind of sounds like I am starting a new video game from the way she introduced herself. Doctor Kim continues to tell me about the hospital and what I need to do. She said that if she notices that I am paying a lot of attention, she might let me help her in a case.

In the morning, there aren't many patients that need helping, but by the time the afternoon comes around, you would have thought the hospital was giving out free ice cream or something. As Doctor Kim and I walked past the lobby after lunch, I caught a glimpse of the lobby. There was not a single seat open, people were even standing. Doctor Kim must have saw the shock on my face because she said this is an average day.

By the time 5 o'clock rolls around, Doctor Kim has already shown me pretty much everything in the hospital. She has even shown me how to complete a basic check-up for someone who just came out of a surgery. Not that I didn't know how to do it already, but she did show me where all the tools and machines were. Doctor Kim has also shown me a bunch of stuff on where everything is and how to calm down patients who are nervous or scared to go into a surgery.