ZenxReader ~Halloween Special~

Your POV:

"Y/n, can we please watch a horror movie? I promise I'll protect you when the scary parts approach." Zen pleaded with a movie already in his hands. "Plus, it's Halloween."

I let out a sigh.

"Fine." I reluctantly agree.

"Yes!" Zen yelled out of joy.

I watched as Zen put the movie and and brought out some popcorn from the kitchen.

"You had this all planned, didn't you?" I ask.

"Of course." Zen smirked.

I already knew his plan. First, get me to agree to watch the stupid horror movie. Second, cuddle with me during the scary parts. Last, cuddle with me even more when it's time for bed.

I was already sitting on the couch, so after Zen got the movie to start, he came and curled up right next to me.

"You know. You could just ask for me to cuddle with you, Zen. I won't say no." I admit.

Zen didn't answer, so instead, he kissed my forehead and told me to 'shh'.

~~~~

Just as Zen planned, there was a jump scare, and now I'm in his arms with my face in the crook of his neck. Of course this raises Zen's confidence, but I can tell he is a little scared too.

Finally, after what seems like forever, the movie is over, and it is time for bed. It doesn't take very long before we clean everything up and are finished getting ready for bed.

Since we share the same bed, I walked into our room only to hear Zen mumbling something to himself. I can't make out the exact words, but he is definitely talking about staying confident.

"Zen." I say.

Zen jumps at my sudden voice.

"Y-Y/n. Finally, you're here. Ready for bed?" Zen asks, probably trying to shift my attention away from him jumping.

"Yeah. Are you okay?" I ask, genuinely worried, as I walk over to our bed and get in.

Zen does the same and pulls the covers over both of us.

"I'm fine." Zen says.

"Are you sure? You look a little scared." I ask again.

"Yes. I'm fine, Y/n." Zen repeats.

By the look in his eyes, I can tell he wants to be the brave one in the situation. However, something in the movie we just watched, is definitely taking affect on him. I let out a sigh and decide to let Zen keep his confidence.

"Zen. Can you hold me? I'm still a little scared from the movie." I ask, but not in a tone that sounds too hopeless.

"Of course. Happy Halloween. I love you, Y/n. Goodnight." Zen said as he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me.

"Happy Halloween, Zen. I love you too. Goodnight."

~~~~~~~~
A/n: I hope you enjoyed!

Happy Halloween everyone!