VanderwoodxReader ~ A Threatening Secret

Request by: NeverLatte

Your POV:

Being a secret agent can be fun at times, but it can also be very stressful. Working alone was one of the fun parts about it. Your two main goals are to get the job done and get it done without being noticed. However when you are working with someone, getting the job done without being noticed can be a little difficult.

Yesterday, the agency gave me a job where a partner was assigned to me. His name was Agent 707. He is apparently the most qualified agent in the agency, however he has to have someone to check on him from time to time. I was also told that the job will be much easier if I travel to Agent 707's house, so we made plans with 707 to travel and work there.

~~

"Can you focus already?" I questioned for about the tenth time, turning away from my laptop. "All you've been doing is looking at your phone and laughing."

It's only been half an hour since I've arrived at Agent 707's house and started working on the mission, and 707 has done nothing but fool around.

"I think the agency partnered me with the wrong agent." I sighed.

"Nah. I'm 707. They paired you with the right guy. Don't worry." 707 said from across the room. "What was the mission again?"

"I can see why you need to have someone come to your house and watch over you now." I mumbled to myself.

As if on cue, 707's door swings open and a middle aged man walks through the door. He has light brown hair that stops at his shoulders and a coat hanging over his shoulders.

"Get to work, 707." The man says with a stern voice.

"Y/n, this is Vanderwood. Vanderwood, this is Y/n, my partner for this mission." 707 introduced after standing up.

"Okay, that's great now get back to work." Vanderwood spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"More like start your work." I mumbled and turned back to my laptop.

"Fine." 707 said with a defeated voice.

~~~~

"Would you like anything to drink or eat, Y/n?" Vanderwood asked nicely from behind me.

It's been a couple of days since I first arrived at Agent 707's house to work on the mission. To my surprise, he actually gets his work done when he needs to, however he does fool around still, especially when Vanderwood is around.

"No thank you." I answered, not taking my eyes off my screen.

"I'll take a-" 707 started.

"Not you!" Vanderwood yelled, interrupting 707.

I couldn't help but laugh at Vanderwood's response. He is usually very nice to me, but the opposite when it comes to 707.

~~~~

"Finally." I sigh in content as I close my laptop screen.

After many days of hard work and a bit of laughter, the mission is finally done. The mission was much more difficult, but with the help of Vanderwood, we were able to get the job done a lot faster.

"Good. Now I don't have to babysit anymore." Vanderwood spoke from the chair he was sitting on, between 707 and my desks.

"We should throw a party! Vanderwood and Y/n, you're invited!" 707 cheered as he jumped up from his chair.

"No thanks. I put up with you enough." Vanderwood said and started to walk out of the room.

"Goodbye, Vanderwood. Thanks for your help." I said with a smile as I too stood up.

"Your welcome, Y/n. Goodbye." Vanderwood replied and continued walking.

A smile appeared on my face, but vanished as I saw 707 smirk out of the corner of my eye.

"What?" I asked.

"You like him don't you." 707 continued smirking.

I didn't have time to respond before I felt blush creep onto my face. A secret agent knowing something like this about you could be the end of a friendship with that person. I held my breath, knowing what he said was true.

"Don't worry. I'll keep it a secret." 707 continued.

I let out a sigh in relief.

"Thank yo-" I started but was interrupted.

"BUT! Only if you give me more Honey Buddha Chips." 707 smiled.

~~~~~~~~
A/n: I hope you enjoyed reading!
Requests are always open.

Sorry to the requester if this is not what you wanted. I really didn't know what to write for Vanderwood.