ZenxReader ~ Breaking Normality

Requested by: MysticLucy

Werewolf AU
A/n: For this oneshot, Zen is half werewolf in human form, but he still has werewolf ears(like all other werewolves). I'm not 100% sure this is how the AU works, but I'm just going to write it this way.

Zen's POV:

It has been a few weeks since I got back from the photo shoot I was asked to do. The photo shoot was out of town, so there were people who I'd never seen before.

It was 16(4) in the afternoon, and I had nothing to do. I laid in my bed and stared at the ceiling rethinking about the photo shoot.

~~

I finally got to the beach but didn't see anyone from the meeting I had, so I started to walk around a little to see if I can spot someone.

It took only about a minute before I heard the photographer's voice call out my name from behind me. I started walking toward the photographer. As I walked I noticed that the photographer and his (hair/color) haired coworker were both full human.

I finally reached the two and greeted them. The photographer and I talked for a little because we were all here early. I wanted to talk to his coworker too, but they seemed a little shy.

~

The photo shoot wasn't very long due to the hot weather, so we agreed on doing the other half of the shoot tomorrow. While the photographer was packing his equipment, I watched as his coworker walk over to me with two bottles of water in their hand.

"Here." They said with a smile, handing me one of the water bottles.

"Thank you." I kindly took the water and took a sip of it. "What's your name? Sorry I didn't ask before. You seemed a little shy, so I didn't want to fluster you."

"Oh. It's Y/n." The (hair/color) head answered.

"That's a beautiful name." I replied with a wink.

"Thank you." Y/n said with a red face, but I wasn't sure if it was because of my wink or the hot weather.

"Do you do photography jobs a lot?" I asked, since most photographers don't have someone working with the camera beside them.

-
(Your answer if you don't do photography)
"Not normally, but I will sometimes help him out." Y/n answered and gestured over to the photographer. "He's a good friend of mine, so I will sometimes help out."
-

-
(Your answer if you do photography)
"Yes I do, but I decided to let my friend take over this one. He still wanted me to do the shoot with him, so he asked me to help." Y/n answered, looking over to the photographer.
-

"Cool." I replied.

"When I was told about this photo shoot, I got excited because I recently went to a musical of yours and I really liked it." Y/n smiled.

"I'm glad you did." I returned a smile.

"Hey. Do you two want to get some lunch or something?" The photographer asked, walking over with his equipment in hand.

We both looked over to the photographer.

"I don't mine." Y/n answered.

"Sure. You both seem like very nice people, so I wouldn't mind getting to know you more over lunch." I replied.

I looked back at Y/n who was smiling at my answer, so I gave a smile back.

~~

I continued to stare at the ceiling, but the thought of Y/n put a smile on my face every time. Ever since the photo shoot, we've become very close. The best thing was that Y/n never once mentioned how I was a werewolf and that my ears were very visible. Not very many people are like that, so it's comforting when you are with a human who doesn't mention the whole ears thing. It only took until the end of the second shoot for us to become close.